BryanStars

1.0
awful

by ShadyTwist USER (8 Reviews)
May 27th, 2016 | 8 replies

Release Date: 2016 | Tracklist

Review Summary: If these are the dreams I need to follow, I'd rather have nightmares.

BryanStars. Know this fellow" Ok, maybe all of you that just watch YouTube to see some other channels like PewDiePie, Smosh, etc., may not know. But Bryan is quite a popular person along... well... scene kids. That's because this dude used to interview diverse bands through his channel's lifespan, with bands like Asking Alexandria, Mindless Self Indulgence, NeverShoutNever, Black Veil Brides, and stuff like that. And while it's obvious that some of the questions he does at these types of videos are quite cringeworthy, some interviews were really funny, and Bryan seemed like a chill dude to hang out with.

Now enter 2016. Bryan is still as big as he was some years ago, but the previous year he started hanging out with some fellows like Alex, Johnnie and Dan, which looked like your casual scene kid. And to be honest, there's nothing wrong with it, although I'd say it's kind weird knowing he's almost 26, and some of his friends just completed 18. (..."sniktawnai) And together they formed the now defunct channel "My Digital Escape", with showed some... stupid videos. And with that, Bryan started growing his hair out, and straightened it, and now he unveiled his debut EP to the world. And let me say, I was like... "whoa." I was speechless. It was a perfect work of art, and Bryan really showed talent at his first venture at music...

...except it's the real opposite.

Okay, let me get it straight. Most people had a scene phase, I dunno, around 14-15 years old, right" Then tell me why it just hit Bryan now" He's 25, for God's sake, and you could see in old videos that he looked perfectly normal... I know, it's kinda ridiculous to judge the guy on what he just entered or what he looks like, but... really" Danny Worsnop looked like an average emo back in 2009, and now at 25, he looks like, I dunno... A cowboy" And remember that he's TWENTY FIVE. Bryan is almost 26, and wants to have a teenager's behavior"

Oh wait, the music. This is what we needs to talk about, right" Because this site was made for it, now let's say it right off the bat. It's horrendous. BryanStars just shows to the world how much of a talent waster he is, and it's said just because he has and okay voice, and some guitar riffs are catchy, but that's absolutely it. The lyrics are probably what makes this EP dead on arrival, actually it actually died right after Bryan revealed the first single off the album... maybe it was "Smile" or "Tonight", I dunno, but they are cliche. And HOW cliche. Like... Simple Plan cliche. And look that the dudes at Simple Plan are maybe more talented that him trying to telling the listener to "get ***ing crazy tonight". Bryan needs some ghostwriter, because he only can think of the most overused themes of anything put out by the musical industry in the last 10 years. "Smile" tells the listener to stop suffering and try to look up to life. Nice, how original is it" I listened to, like, hundreds of similarly themed songs like it. "Tonight" tells about having fun as lovers in the night. And, again, how original, so original that Bryan may receive an award.

The Raspberry Award.

As I said, Bryan's vocals are not special. He does some high singing here and there, but it's basically some generic pop punk sound. And look that by saying pop punk, I'm being extremely generous. The instrumentation is, mostly, generic stuff you'd better off have listened back in 2004, where it would be more accepted, but I must admit, some moments on the album are catchy, but that's like putting a cherry in the top of an ice cream of pure defecation.

Okay, so about the EP" How is it by resume" BryanStars creates an extremely hideous musical debut that can't even be saved by an okay singing and catchy moments, since it's overshadowed by cliche overload, stupid lyrics, generic instrumentals, overused themes, and much more. Please, do not even bother.