LCD Soundsystem
45:33

by OwlProg USER (2 Reviews)
February 22nd, 2016 | 5 replies

Release Date: 2007 | Tracklist

Review Summary: LCD Soundsystem don't disappoint on their underrated and most ambicious project to date.

Ahh, working out. Doesn't everyone love working out" Well, if you're a music nerd antisocial online forum lurker like I am then you don't love working out. But with this ambicious LCD Soundsystem project, it makes it look like fun to work out.

They took a big risk with this album. But luckily, 45:33 (the song) stands up as an amazing work and is up there with the levels of All My Friends, Dance Yrself Clean and Losing My Edge. It works greatly as the backing track of losing weight running in a sunny park in the big city or as the soundtrack to you dancing in your room for 45 minutes straight. All of the parts are at least somewhat memorable and great as own songs. It starts off slow, then it keeps getting momentum and then goes full throttle. Only to end up getting slower until stopping, which is when either A) You reach the nearest convenience store and get some water or B) Pass out on your bed from all of the dancing.

And while 45:33 (the song) is incredibly fun and memorable. The other songs do not stand up as good as the beast. And while it is obvious that comparing shorter songs to a 45 minute one is like comparing a bed of roses to a bed of nails. Or in this case it's comparing a bed of roses to a regular single bed.

Even though the other songs don't hold up as 45:33, they're still great on their own. They're all really enjoyable to a certain degree. Even though some things sound unecessary. Like combining Freak Out and Starry Eyes and having a girl scream "North America!" on the background of the North American Scum dub. They sound much better as individual songs and it makes the dub get a bit annoying.

But overall, 45:33 is a really underrated LCD effort and at deserves some attention. The self-titled 45 minute song is a must-listen to LCD fans. Consider listening to the rest of the album. It might be worth your time.

Frippertronics
February 22nd 2016

might wanna fix the spacing on this, not too pleasing to the eye when everything's just two/three short sentences. also...

"Ahh, working out. Doesn't everyone love working out? Well, if you're a music nerd antisocial online forum lurker like I am then you don't love working out. But with this ambicious LCD Soundsystem project, it makes it look like fun to work out.

Famous James Murphy fronted Dance/Dance-Punk/Post-Punk band LCD Soundsystem teamed up with Nike to make an album with it's central highlight being a 45 minute beast of a song to listen to when you're burning up those calories. Though the original song was released as a single. There's an album by the same name with the same song with two other songs and a dub of the song that would be later used in Sound Of Silver called North American Scum."

fix this.

Digging: Natural Snow Buildings - The Dance of the Moon and the Sun

theNateman
February 22nd 2016

Also, you misspelt "ambitious" in the summary

grindcorecore

I feel like you repeat yourself in paragraphs 4 and 5

zoso33
February 23rd 2016

I think sputnikmusic users have completely lost sight of what made them get on the sput

It's an EP give the guy a break

And furthermore since when did reviewing someones review of something they genuinely like and care about devolve in to this mindless nitpicking? Just listen to the EP its sweet even if you're at home with headphones. I'm breaking my rule here of trying to remain positive but I do so with the utmost respect for the sputnikmusic community which I truly adore. Much Love-justsayin

Frippertronics
February 24th 2016

"It's an EP give the guy a break

And furthermore since when did reviewing someones review of something they genuinely like and care about devolve in to this mindless nitpicking?"

what is constructive criticism?