D/A/D
The Construct

by BallsToTheWall USER (231 Reviews)
October 14th, 2015 | 20 replies

Release Date: 2013 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Synthwave and chill

Do yourself a favor and listen to The Construct asap. It is a mystical record that defies human explanation. It is emotion. It is power. It is joy. it is life. It's like a a combination of Saved By The Bell, Gleaming The Cube and The Breakfast Club with a thick cotton candy coating of Mario Kart 64 blanketing it.

The Construct is the 2013 debut record from D/A/D, a one-man synthwave project that just needs to be heard. From the beautifully 80's tinged synthesizers to the rip-roaring guitar solos and the occasional beautiful female vocals, The Construct is a righteous trip to Funkatron, where violence and moral corruption have been silenced and haters have been turned into loofahs. From start to finish you are greeted by some of the bounciest and most optimistic sounding synth beats known to man. Vocals are sparse but it doesn't even matter. All ten of these hot tracks inspire you to get up and dance, leaving you blissfully ignorant of the looming Draconian reptilian threat that hovers only a few hundred feet above your comically inept household. The songs are catchy, light and feel-good, engulfing you in a euphoric state of positivity that can only be brought to you by cheap wine and nostalgic Mario Kart 64/Wave Race 64 memories.

The last time I covered synthwave I was talking about Tony Montana wearing a trenchcoat. This time around I'm gonna reverse course and talk about Christian Slater and Yanni fusion dancing into am ultimate being that can only be described as our pleiadian Jesus Christ who will save us from our reptilian foes. This Christian Slater/Yanni fusion is no doubt D/A/D/. The power of humanity lies in it's synthesizer use and D/A/D treats us to a masterful, Greybeard-esque display of synth usage. So many layers. So many hot beats. So many hip-shaking, 80's movie channeling grooves. So many guitar solos. All of life's bull*** just fades away when D/A/D/ jams are commencing. I highly recommend this to lovers of humanity, animals and nature.

The Plague NarakaDead Melodies The Foundations of Ruins

Frippertronics

dad

Digging: Natural Snow Buildings - The Dance of the Moon and the Sun

October 13th 2015

Ryan Gosling, hold me in your arms.

Digging: Amelia Arsenic - Queen of Risk

ScuroFantasma
October 13th 2015

Great review Balls, never heard a synth wave album before.

"leaving you blissfully ignorant of the looming Draconian reptilian threat that hovers only a few hundred feet above your comically inept household" - nice

Digging: Windswept - The Onlooker

October 13th 2015

Thank you lad. It's a great genre. It's like Rainbow Road 24/7.

ScuroFantasma
October 13th 2015

Listening now and this is pretty great, nostalgic video game music

this sounds delicious! >:]

October 13th 2015

Positive responses fellas. I like it.

LotusFlower

12001 Comments

sold.

October 13th 2015

Stop living in the past.

D/A/D R/O/C/K

Pajolero
October 14th 2015

OP god bless you this is fucking gorgeous.

Digging: Malibu Ken - Malibu Ken

Yeah it is.

October 14th 2015

nice, your reviews are always entertaining man

Digging: Julia Jacklin - Crushing

chemicalmarriage

Please do more reviews. Ending paragraph is gold. Posd

October 14th 2015

Oh you guys. I need another bottle of wine for that. Unfortunately I don't get paid til midnight but maybe tomorrow.

19464 Comments

Balls always delivers the swag recs >:]

parksungjoon
May 29th 2016

why is synthwave the best genre fuck

yeah there's better stuff out there but this is solid. first track is kinda snooze but it picks up from there.

good stuff

parksungjoon
May 29th 2016

balls check lazerhawk if you haven't already

Lord(e)Po)))ts
October 22nd 2016

tbh this is the cringey twinkle-boner side of modern synth music

Digging: Amon Tobin - Fear In A Handful Of Dust

Lord(e)Po)))ts
October 22nd 2016

super not good also pretty embarrassing to listen to