Magna Carta Cartel
Goodmorning Restrained

by DidgeDunn USER (8 Reviews)
August 29th, 2015 | 5 replies

Review Summary: Perfect in every way

Goodmorning Restrained is one of the few albums out there that I can personally call perfect.

The album is a mix of instrumental and vocal works, and focuses heavily on clean guitars. Accompanied by smooth synth pads, at times I forget that people are playing the stringed instruments - especially on the instrumental tracks such as 'Sunsettlers'. The drums are never too forward, and provide a good beat without drawing the attention away from the other instruments.
The vocals kick in in the second track 'This Time', and they suit the music perfectly. Soft and haunting, they never become lour or aggravated. This keeps the calm and allows the listener to truly sink in to not just the music, but the atmosphere of this album.

As I'm sure you have gathered, I love all the songs on this album. There is not one I would skip. However, if I had to pick out a few favorites...

- Metropolis flow... This song features possibly my favorite vocals in the album. They are dreamlike and carry as a whisper.
- Attending Midnight Screen... A sort of call to arms, this instrumental gradually builds up in power and features a great (but subtle) bass line.
- Deriving a Distance... possibly my favorite track, the drums carry this song and features a wonderful guitar solo towards the end.

Arne ├ůsmund When the Circus Came to TownAvatar Feathers and Flesh
Arne ├ůsmund StroytimeAvatar Hail the Apocalypse
Sister Sin Now and ForeverPlacebo Loud Like Love

oltnabrick
August 29th 2015

Isn't this the band the guy from Ghost was in before Ghost?

Digging: The Men's Toilet - Eurinal Eulogies of Eurethral Eurexcrementia

Jethro42
August 29th 2015

Great album. Highlights for me include ''This Time'', ''Attending Midnight Screen'' and ''Hotellus Eviction''. There are no bad songs really.

initforthelisten
August 30th 2015

It's written fine, but it's much too short and lacks detail for something you consider so perfect. But I guess I might want to check this out.

Asdfp277
August 30th 2015

So, it's not written fine?

DidgeDunn
September 2nd 2015

I agree I should have made the review longer. However, I'm not the greatest writer and I really put the review up just because I realized that this band had no page on Sputnik, so I added one. This leaves other people with the opportunity to write a longer and more intricate review.