Soilwork
Beyond the Infinite

by HeavyReviews USER (8 Reviews)
September 30th, 2014 | 27 replies

Release Date: 09/24/2014 | Tracklist

Review Summary: "The Living Infinite" part 3

It is not very often that a metal band can proclaim that their filler songs are actually as good as the ones who include the original record. This Swedish melodic death metal band is an excellent example of it.

When they announced they were going to release songs that didn’t make part of their - on the opinion of many critics - best record, it was almost certain that every tune would be very consistent and enjoyable. And it was proven to be true once it dropped.

The five song affair is a continuation of the sheer excellence of the double album released in March of last year. The compositions are relentless, full of energy and, above all, extremely melodic. Their ability to mix raw anger with exuberant, infectious melodies is unmatchable. This has become their undeniable trademark in the last decade.

As “My Nerves, Your Everyday Tool” and “When Sound Collides” sound a lot like many of the songs on The Living Infinite, efforts like “Resisting the current” and “These Absent Eyes” adopt a very different vibe, surprisingly written on the major key: a refreshing yet odd metal sound.

Overall, "Beyond the Infinite EP" is an enjoyable experience which might entirely over rule many LP’s put up by many other bands within the wide array of metal genres. It’s worth your purchase, although it may still be not available to the European Market, something a lot of loyal fans are still trying to fully comprehend.

Swallow the Sun Songs From The North I, II & IIILight the Torch They Bleed Red
Soilwork The Ride MajesticPeriphery Juggernaut: Alpha
Periphery ClearSoilwork The Living Infinite

September 30th 2014

I heard one song off it and it sounded like a b-side. Might check the whole thing sometime, though

Insurrection
September 30th 2014

might as well check this. i loved the living infinite

Digging: Converge - The Dusk in Us

Mister Twister
September 30th 2014

this review is heavy as fuck man

zaruyache
September 30th 2014

the "who" is misplaced in that sentence. I'd criticize the review more but the crushing gravity of it is already taxing on my fingers.

Digging: A Pregnant Light - Lucky All My Life

zaruyache

captain why

Dag123
September 30th 2014

One of the songs is on YouTube. Pretty sick.

October 1st 2014

Heard it last night. Pretty solid stuff

Digging: Coalesce - 0:12 Revolution in Just Listening

OmairSh

Band is pointless [2]

Bjorn's screams are beyond unbearable

October 1st 2014

His screams are great compared to most other creams these days. Like the one i've heard from a narrow sideway the other day in berlin.

HarryBoBerry
October 1st 2014

This stuff is just as good as the LP

Lethean
October 1st 2014

rules just a lil bit less than tli

actually no this sucks

October 1st 2014

This is barely above stabbing the drama level

Wizard

20163 Comments

Band is fun Captain.

Nope dem guud tunes

HeavyReviews
October 1st 2014

Disclaimer: It's just a username, and I'm Portuguese, hence some grammar mistakes, but overall, I'm satisfied with my proficiency at the english languge.

Thanks

October 1st 2014

More like in which place is this album a 5? You're so easily amused it's not even funny. "demanding listener" my ass

paradox1216
October 1st 2014

idk these are the b-sides to songs that didn't make a DOUBLE ALBUM, so I'm a but suspect as to the quality

but i love these guys and I adored the living infinite, so I will check this.

HarryBoBerry
October 1st 2014

IMO these songs could have easily made the double album. They're up to par with the rest of the songs.

October 1st 2014

come on guys, it's not that good

Insurrection
October 1st 2014

this has some awesome moments but i can see why they didnt include these songs on the album