Tool
10,000 Days

by CheesyMoustacheo16 USER (1 Reviews)
July 30th, 2013 | 28 replies

Release Date: 2006 | Tracklist

Review Summary: A pretty good album from start to finish.

I have to admit. I didn't really care too much for the album the first time through. But I believe that every album gets three chances. After a few more listens, I found this album to be actually really good.

Vicarious: 5/5-I could'nt really wrap my head around this song at first, but it's actually amazing. I'm a drummer and i taught myself the "Why can't we just admit it" part. This song kicks a$$.

Jambi 4/5-Is it pronounced JAM-BEE or JOM-BEE? Whatever. The intro to the song is really heavy, and I like the effects for the bass.

Wings 1 and 2- both 3/5-I don't really care for these songs, I usually skip over them. I'm going to get alot of hate for saying that. :P I still gave them a 3 because I know how much emotion Maynard put into these songs. Plus the bass at the begininng of part 2 sounds awesome. :)

The Pot: 5/5-DAT BASS!!! I memorized these lyrics, it's fun to sing too. My personal fav on the album. "Foot in mouth, and head up asshole, watcha talkin' bout'!"

Lipan Conjuring: Filler. Won't rate this but it's pretty neat. They took some cool guy (forgot his name) and made him sing some pretty cool volcals.

Lost Keys: Won't rate because it's the really cool intro to Rosetta Stoned. I feel this song is really nececary. Some people hate it.

Rosetta Stoned: 4.5/5- A trully amazing song, clocking in at over 11 minutes of pure awesomness. The singing is strange, and I love it. Look up the lyrics to the song. They will blow your mind. i took off points because it can kind of get boring after a while.

Intension: 2/5- Boring as hell. It's like a less satisfying, and longer version of "Reflection" from Lateralus. The vocals
are cool for like two minutes, then it gets boring and repetitive. But this song leads up to:

Right In Two: 4.5/5- Does anybody even know that this song exsits? It's amazing, and underrated. The tabla solo is phenominal, and after that, the band goes all out. "Cut, and divide it all, right in two. RIGHT IN TWOOOOOO!" I took points off because the lyrics are sometimes corny. "Monkey killin', monkey killin', monkey killin' monkey." "Angels on the sideline, again."

Viginti Tres: Also won't rate. It's more filler. I like the cool god voice at the end.

Recommended Tracks:

19543 Comments

wow

MO
July 30th 2013

lol we just took a time machine to the sputnik of 6 years ago!

TheSpaceMan

The Pots a 5/5 cause of "dat bass" and its fun to sing

Cipieron
July 30th 2013

this review is kinda bad man. especially your summary

oltnabrick

仮名交じり

(wow)

Digging: ECCO2K - E

PumpBoffBag
July 30th 2013

Always felt this album was a little inferior compared to the band's other work

NeroCorleone80

Intension isnt filler its a prelude to Right in Two

Cipieron
July 30th 2013

Always felt this band was a little inferior compared to other bands

PumpBoffBag

......oh dear. I've been told

Green Baron

tbt, neg

and fuck it, i was just gonna review this one.

Mister Twister
July 30th 2013

Keep up the track by tracks, Sputters love them.

jtswope

VisionsFromTheDarkSide

Dat summary

Spec
July 30th 2013

yeah fucks sake change that

Mongi123

20619 Comments

Dude, this is quite bad sorry lol and how dare you skip over the title track

Green Baron
July 30th 2013

here is my scrapped review:

1. vicarious: OH GOD MJK just turned me on wit that sexy vocals omg he made me gay for him. like schism from lateralus, it's not the best song on de album but its a single 7/10

2. jambi: what the fuck is a jambi? i think its a hooker. well but too long idk bout it. 6/10

3. wings for marie: mjk pussied up and talk about adead mommy oh well idgaf 9/10

4. 10000 days: fucking overly long and so my god what a draggeron because i love the bas. that bass. is the coolest bass line in the album. 8/10

5. the pot: mjk sounds gay in this song. lyrics good. must have been HIGH to not like this one even with mjk weird vocals. 9/10

6. lipan conjuring: AYOO AYOO AYOO AYOO YE-WHAOO AYOO AYOOO AYO 0/10

7. lost keys: i do blame hofman. this is more filler that would have been fine if it wasn't after lipan. 4/10

8. rosetta stoned: aha, stoned, i get it. poor delivery amirite bc i just dk bout it. third eye ripoff lyrics are stupid. i shit the bed xINFINITY 3/10

9. intension: boooooooooring shit. sorry but this is supposedly a spin-off of reflection, which was much more better. 5/10

10. right in two: no, right in three. this is alright, above average for the album. 7/10

11. viginti tres: what the fuck is this shit? 1/10

VisionsFromTheDarkSide

Sassy

July 30th 2013

the pot is my favorite song on this

Digging: Origami Angel - Somewhere City