Review Summary: The Geto Boys "Can't Stop" being consistent.
Entertainment Weekly: B
Rolling Stone: 4/5
The Geto Boys came out with this 1 year after their self-titled album came out, and this was their best effort that they ever did. Apparently though, this only took 2 weeks to record, who would figure that a masterpiece like this would only take 2 weeks to make" No one. Now for the track by track review.
1. Rebel Rap Family: Intro.
2. We Can't Be Stopped: This song has the Geto Boys rhyming about how they can't be stopped. Classic song. 5/5
3. Homie Don't Play That: Classic song. 5/5
4. Another Nigga In the Morgue: This song has the Geto Boys rhyming about, how people get killed too much. Classic song. 5/5
5. Chuckie: This song has the Geto Boys, rhyming about how Buschwick Bill is similar to Chucky the doll, because he is small, and murderous. Classic Song. 5/5
6. Mind Playin Tricks On Me: This song, is one of the best hip hop songs of all time. This song has the Geto Boys rhyming about paranoia, and about their drug use. Classic song. This song has been sampled in, "Breaker 1/9" by Common, "I Feel Like I'm the One That's Doin Dope" by UGK, "One More Chance" by Notorious B.I.G, "She Lives In My Lap" by Outkast, and plenty of other songs. 5/5
7. I'm Not a Gentleman: This is that one song that's on every Geto Boys album, that has them talking about their treatment of women (which isn't positive). Classic song. 5/5
8. Gota Let Your Nuts Hang: Classic song. This song has been sampled in the song, "Point the Finga" by 2Pac. 5/5
9. *** a War: This song has Geto Boys rhyming about George Bush. Classic song. 5/5
10. Ain't With Being Broke: This song has the Geto Boys rhyming about, how they don't want to be broke. Classic song. 5/5
11. Quickie: Classic song. 5/5
12. Punk-Bitch Game: This song has the Geto Boys rhyming about people that they consider to be punks. Classic song. 5/5
13. The Other Level: Classic song. 5/5
14. Trophy: Classic song, and a great way to end the album. 5/5
Overall, I give this 5/5.
3 Best Songs:
1. Mind Playin Tricks On Me:
2. *** a War
3 Weakest Songs:
1. Gota Let Your Nuts Hang
3. I'm Not a Gentleman