2Pac
The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory

by thecreative0ne USER (50 Reviews)
November 4th, 2012 | 8 replies

Release Date: 1996 | Tracklist

Review Summary: A classic album, with an excellent theme.

Critical Reception:
Allmusic: 2.5/5
Entertainment Weekly: D
MVRemixReview: 9/10
Rapreviews: 7.5/10
Rolling Stone: 3/5
XXL: XXL (5/5)

At the point of this album, which was 1996, 2Pac had been known around the world (I'm assuming that's true, but I wasn't even born yet). This album was released approximately 2 months after his death, though I don't consider it posthumous.

As you can tell by the ratings at the top, this album got mixed reactions for various reasons. It generally got praised by the people who enjoyed All Eyez On Me, and generally gained criticism from fans of every album before that. I myself, however, enjoy each album, so I enjoy this one as well.

Everyone who has heard the album Me Against the World, knows that at the time, 2Pac was very positive, and introspective. Everyone who has heard the album All Eyez On Me, knows that at this point, 2Pac became more gangster, and more popular. Now for the track by track review.

1. Intro/Bomb First (My First Reply): This is the very start of the album, with an interesting spoken word intro, dissing some of his enemies, including Nas, Mobb Deep, Notorious B.I.G, and Jay-Z. Then you get to the actual emceeing. The emceeing includes 2Pac dissing enemies, Bad Boy, Jay-Z. Then there's E.D.I Mean, who disses enemies as well, including, Bad Boy, and, well that's about it for him. Then there's Napoleon, who disses enemies as well, such as Biggie, and, well that's about it. Overall, they all have excellent verses, but 2Pac obviously has the best verse. Classic. This song samples the song "Uptown Anthem" by Naughty By Nature. 5/5

2. Hail Mary: One of the most well known songs by 2Pac of all time. This song features his group the Outlaws, who aren't very good, but they're good here. This song also features Prince Ital Joe, who does a great job. Classic, and one of the best 2Pac songs of all time. This song has been sampled in the songs "You Came Up" by Big Punisher, "Ice Age" by Ras Kass, and other songs. 5/5

3. Toss It Up: This song features K-Ci and JoJo, and Danny Boy (who is on some other 2Pac songs as well) who each do an excellent job. Classic. 5/5

4. To Live and Die In LA: This song is the song that 2Pac dedicates to his own state, California, and the city of Los Angeles, and features Val Young, who does an excellent job. Classic, and one of the best 2Pac songs of all time. This song is the best song on this album. 5/5

5. Blasphemy: This song has 2Pac talking about how he has no fear. Another song that features Prince Ital Joe, who again does a great job. Classic. 5/5

6. Life of An Outlaw: A great song, that features the Outlawz, who bring the score of this song down to a 4, other than that this is great. 4/5

7. Just Like Daddy: Again, more Outlawz, but they actually do a great job with this song. This song has 2Pac talking about family. Classic. 5/5

8. Krazy: An average song, that features Bad Azz (what an ironic artist name). I don't really have all that much to say about this song. 3/5

9. White Man'z World: This song has 2Pac doing something reminiscent of what he was doing on his first 2 albums, with the politically consciousness. Classic. 5/5

10. Me and My Girlfriend: This song has 2Pac doing something similar to what Nas did on I Gave You Power, except 2Pac was making a metaphor for a relationship with a gun. Classic. 5/5

11. Hold Ya Head: This song is introspective, and has 2Pac talking to his friends in jail, and what it's like to be in jail. Classic. 5/5

12. Against All Odds: This song has 2Pac dropping more disses to his enemies, such as, Nas, Mobb Deep, and, actually that's it. Classic. 5/5

Pros:
Lyricism
Production

Cons:
Outlawz

Overall I give this album 5/5, and 10/10. This is the 2nd best 2Pac album, behind Me Against the World.

3 Best Songs: