Touche Amore
Live On BBC Radio 1

by Tijnmans USER (1 Reviews)
August 22nd, 2012 | 12 replies

Review Summary: Touché Amoré release a live studio session that adds nothing new.

I have to admit I have a soft spot for live albums. They tent to sell an amazing live performance of bands and make you want to go to one of their shows. A good live album therefore sells live experience to the listener. This is where Touché Amoré – Live On BBC Radio 1 fails. Because it really isn’t a live album. It’s a studio recording of three songs from their latest album Parting the Sea Between Brightness and Me and one song from their split with La Dispute. The recordings are pretty good and clear but they aren’t that much different from the album versions because they are just live recordings in a studio.

That’s why I really can’t think of a reason for this EP to exist is. It’s too obscure for people who don’t know the band. They would be better off with their latest release to get a good picture of what the band is about.It’s not for the fans because they already know al the songs and this EP doesn’t really add something to them. Above all it’s not an ep for people who want to know what Touché Amoré is like live because it doesn’t even sell half of the live experience of a show of them. You’d be better of just looking up some live footage on youtube.

Tijnmans
August 22nd 2012

My first review, please leave a comment!

ViperAces

ok /

owen

Nice first review!
My only problem with this review is;"That's why I really Can't think of a reason fort his EP to exist is"

taxidermist

Could be way better.

mindleviticus

more like a soundoff

August 22nd 2012

I agree that this EP doesn't need to exist

Digging: Lil B - Options

August 22nd 2012

yeah but this is live in the studio of them playing songs that were recorded live in the studio already with no audience or anything

taxidermist
August 22nd 2012

All you get is a rawer yell from Jeremy, but I dig it.

GiaNXGX
August 22nd 2012

Agreed with everything you said, short and to the point, just fix the "fort his " go to edit my
reviews/albums. Pos'd

ReturnToRock
August 23rd 2012

People "tent" to proofread before they post.

Also,

Tijnmans
September 21st 2012

Thanks for the comments!

SadAndHolyGlow
January 4th 2013

It's just a somewhat arbitrary in-studio performance, but I don't think it needs to add anything new to Touche Amore's style. I don't thibk that was their intention in releasing this.