Dance Gavin Dance
Downtown Battle Mountain II

by Travio USER (3 Reviews)
October 22nd, 2011 | 17 replies

Review Summary: This is my Review of Downtown Battle Mountain II. This album reunites some of the most popular former DGD members, Jonny Craig, John Mess, and Eric Lodge. This album is really great, read as I discuss almost every song on the album and recommend the more

But of course Downtown Battle Mountain II is yet another amazing album Dance Gavin Dance has under their belt. This really reflects that their fourth album is probably the most mature and well made album they have made. Which is really how all bands should be, the most recent album should be their most well made content put together, unfortunately most bands are not like that except Dance Gavin Dance.

Alright, this album sounds like every single DGD album put together! They do a tremendous job of making every song so CATCHY and not wanting to take your ears away from your music player. By combining Alternative, metal, reggae, and hip hop this band is literally an "Experimental band."

The first song "Spooks" is an amazing song to start the album, that starts off soft with Jonny's wonderful vocals and then explodes with the screaming of John Mess. As the song ends they have a rapping part by the guitarist, which is very interesting. Then the opening of "Pounce Bounce" which is a really short and catchy song. After that "The Robot With Human Hair Pt. 2 1/2" which is the least favorable song of mine. Thug city is a great song, with powerful vocals by Jonny Craig. The chorus "Hey there pretty girl" is gonna make you want to replay the song many times. The next track " Need Money" is a heavy song with a great breakdown throughout the song that gets me pumped. "Elder Goose" the next song, which in my opinion, is the best song on the album. It has everything a DGD song has to offer. It's a very slow song with uptempo instrumentals that matches the mind-blowing vocals with a couple different great choruses. Then the next couple songs are the next best songs on the album, "Hot Seeking Ghost of Sex" and "Blue Dream." Blue dream will change your life with Jonny's big solo. Then the album ends with " Purple Reign" which has an interesting funky guitar riff in the beginning. The chorus is pretty good and it ends with a fading of Jonny Craig's famous yelping and John Mess' screaming "this is overdone" and it is actually really
relaxing.

Well that sums up this album. I highly recommend it to any Dance Gavin Dance fan. Almost every track is amazing but if your not planning on buying the whole album you should definitely have some of the tracks on your ipod. I recommend Spooks, Elder Goose, Hot seeking Ghost of Sex, and Blue Dream.

Comatorium.

Try again.

foxblood
October 23rd 2011

not very well written, you have to spend more time on it and make it sound more professional and less conversational.

"This is my Review of Downtown Battle Mountain II"

this is not at all necessary, we know this is your review for this album

Josh D.

Explains it all!

FromDaHood
October 23rd 2011

Not sure I hear the reggae influences that you refer to

Comatorium.
October 23rd 2011

You didn't describe... well, anything really.

...Come on, now.

DeathByDaydream

-_________________________________-

twlichty
October 23rd 2011

There is funk influence in DgD, but reggae? no.

worst intro paragraph in the history of sputnik

ShinXetsu
October 23rd 2011

"This is my Review of Downtown Battle Mountain II."

How do manage to be redundant in the first sentence of just the summary?

foxblood
October 23rd 2011

"First of all, I don't approve Jonny Craig being the new lead singer of Dance Gavin Dance. Kurt Travis is a better fit for Dance Gavin Dance and Jonny Craig definitely needs to be in Emarosa because he stands out more, but I guess this is the way it is gonna be."

this paragraph ugh, it's unnecessary and irrelevant.

"They do a tremendous job of making every song so CATCHY and not wanting to take your ears away from your music player. By combining Alternative, metal, reggae, and hip hop this band is literally an "Experimental band." "

and not wanting to take your ears away from your music player.....what? and reggae? no. no way.

not trying to be rude or pick on you, but take writing reviews more seriously.

sspedding

lols

This is my Review of Downtown Battle Mountain II

lol

struth
October 23rd 2011

this band are so terrible holy shit

DinoX

this is painful to read

Redman54
October 23rd 2011

Summary nearly made me cough up blood

Twelvetribes230
October 24th 2011

You really need to work on your writing.

SatelliteYears
October 24th 2011

I am thoroughly convinced he's trolling all of us.

lucasjcockcroft