Dimlite
Prismic Tops

1.5
very poor

by pizzamachine USER (219 Reviews)
June 9th, 2011 | 46 replies

Review Summary: no.

“Stupid” is the only word that accurately describes the sound of Prismic Tops, well, unless you prefer “idiotic”. You see, Prismic Tops isn’t a fun album, and although much effort was done to make it seem that way, the problem is that he tried way too hard. The music is described as “a chorus of bleeps and blurps over disjointed breaks and sampled drums”, which is an accurate description, yet so vague. They fail to mention the pointlessness of the blurps, which are really only there because… actually, never mind that, there really is no reason. Perhaps going for the weird/cute effect by conjuring every possible glitchy electronic they can muster, they fail every time for a great number of reasons. While Flying Lotus can make clustered insanity seem sensible and even appealing, Dimlite can’t do either.

For starters, the songs are horribly written. Every song falls apart because they have absolutely nowhere to go, and the listener easily gets lost in the mumble jumble. The feeling of getting lost in the boring nonsensicalness is a frustrating one, but then Dimlite adds lemon juice to the gaping wound – he sings. The singing in the album is so awful that one could imagine deaf men hearing it, because it is impossible to un-hear such an atrocity. The singer seems to realize his inabilities, though, so acting out of some feverish necessity, he compensates by layering the vocals with every thinkable effect, and also laces them with synthesizers. Through the process, though, his voice is still easily audible, and no amount of electronics can make his deplorable vocals pleasing.

After reading such dramatic criticism, one must check whether the album can really be as laughably bad as the critic says it is. This false sense of pity has made many musical consumers easy victims to the onslaught of abhorrent sounds. Stay far far away from the pathetic album known as Prismic Tops, for it doesn’t even work well as a joke. All copies of the album deserve to be put in a special place – the garbage dump. If anyone succeeds at this task, please call me.

Breaking Benjamin EmberAnimals As Leaders The Madness of Many
Sevendust All I See Is WarDraconian A Rose For The Apocalypse
Draconian Turning Season WithinPower Quest Face The Raven
2.6

June 9th 2011

Hey Dev, have you heard of this?

Tyrael
June 9th 2011

Alternate summary: Pizza do not want.
Seriously though, nice review. Pos.

June 9th 2011

Thanks Ty, you're the best.

MO

Heh nice review. Pos'd.

pedroia55
June 9th 2011

This was fun to read :-)

Irving
June 9th 2011

Irving read. Irving like.

You know the rest =)

Pizza heart!

Irving

Irving heart back! =)

Blindsided
June 10th 2011

Holy get a room.

June 11th 2011

This really isn't a great review either. I wouldn't neg it, but you spend so much time looking for a negative adjective that you fail to describe the album at all

Blindsided
June 11th 2011

Don't be afraid to write a fourth paragraph lol.

June 13th 2011

Yes, I admit that I found it difficult to describe this album in words. Really though? I failed to describe the album at all? :/

Don't be afraid to write a fourth paragraph lol.

Haha yeah I know, I need to review albums I really care about.

June 13th 2011

Read this review again. What does someone take away from it other than the fact that this album is electronic and there's apparently bad singing on it?

June 13th 2011

Alright, I've done better reviews, but considering the overall acceptance of my review, I'll leave it as it is. Thanks for the critique.

redranger
July 4th 2011

Honestly, this is the worst review I have ever read. As previously mentioned, filling up a review with negative adjectives only proves the subjective view of the reviewer himself.

Review Rating: 1

July 5th 2011

Thanks bro, best of love.

July 5th 2011

That's a terrible way to look at a comment Pizza

fixed