Blessed by a Broken Heart
Pedal to the Metal

by Robert Garland CONTRIBUTOR (297 Reviews)
April 13th, 2011 | 41 replies

Release Date: 2008 | Tracklist

Review Summary: After a disappointing effort on their ‘All Is Fair in Love and War’, Blessed by a Broken Heart step up their personal quality levels in a positive manner.

Twisting metalcore and glam influences may not be what everyone is into. However if you like your guitar solos fast, dance like music and fun all round then Blessed by a Broken Heart implore you to listen in. Catorgorising Blessed by a Broken Heart under a specific genre would be no easy feat, however listeners will understand that while being heavily dipped into the metalcore genre there are some glam and dance inspired sounds appearing throughout their music creating a dynamic and interesting listen.

Whilst the metalcore genre itself may be becoming overused, there will always be the odd bands that step out of the shadows and present the listener with something different, something fun, light hearted and most importantly something entertaining, Blessed By A Broken Heart while filing into the metalcore ranks show promise and entertain their listeners, especially with tracks such as ‘Move Your Body’ that are heavily infused with pop culture elements and there would be some who would not be surprised to be hearing this track in a dance club somewhere. Move Your Body is fast paced, bouncy and full of creative flavour, making it an interesting listen and a main highlight on the album. Bringing a 80s pop cultured theme to Pedal to the Metal ‘Blessed by a Broken Heart’ have an infectious mood that seeps through their music and causes the listener to smile along. Saying that BBABH is all rainbows and lollipops however would be incorrect as at times they do present a darker side to their music. Tracks like ‘Blood On Your Hands’ and ‘She-Wolf’ present themes whilst not entirely friendly make the listener ride along with their darker, yet still pop influenced metal.

The instrumentation of the album is in no way remarkable or unique but is displayed in a manner that draws in the listeners attention, and further attracts them to the pop styled vocal lines, guitar lead and riff work, meanwhile the bass is the least impressive feature on the album ad tends to hug the rhythm guitar lines and remain largely unnoticed in the back of the music. Other elements of BBABH’s instrumentation while fast paced don not over power the other parts/instruments ensuring an overly thick barrage of noise. This makes for a tasteful sounding album instrumentally even before the vocals are added to ensure the music’s catchiness.

Metalcore with a twist is Blessed by a Broken Hearts’ album and while not conforming to everyone’s musical tastes, on their second studio attempt they show creativity and catchiness making for an interesting, glam, and dance inspired metalcore album. This is for listeners who don’t mind being able to dance to their music and is looking for a good time. Blessed by a Broken Heart show that all you need is a beat and the music will do the rest.

Highlights Include: Move Your Body, Blood On Your Hands, Don’t Stop and Carry On.

Alcest Spiritual InstinctUneven Structure Paragon
In Mourning Garden of StormsOpeth In Cauda Venenum
Blut Aus Nord HallucinogenAs I Lay Dying Shaped by Fire
3.1
good
tapitforever (3.5)
The glam metal genre has never looked so good. Well, It's never looked that good. But this is a pr...

sspedding (3.5)
A nostalgic twist on metalcore...

MarkedFortune (3)
Metal you can dance to, sing along with, but canblessed by a broken heart be proud of it?...

Feel The Power

April 13th 2011

Had this on the backburner for a while, and since it's my B'day i wanted to put something up that reflects my current mood. Comments and hints welcome.

April 13th 2011

throughout their music creatind a dynamic and interesting listen.

creating*

nice review though. This really does not sound like my thing at all at all at all. That album cover is a disaster hahaa seriously what is that.

April 13th 2011

yeah i don't know what they was thinking when they used that, ah woops give us a sec.

April 13th 2011

There fixed, anything else? I feel so care free and positive. Even if most of my reviews remain relatively un-noticed. I guess it's better that way.

April 13th 2011

Yay Birthday Review, im so bored.

April 13th 2011

no everything else is good. I would have thrown in some hyphens like, "dance-like music" instead of "dance like music" but that's just a personal thing.

April 13th 2011

nit-picking huh? I don't mind it all helps.

April 13th 2011

And if Dave(staff) gets on here... I worked on sentence limiting. Stopped myself from going too in-depth on the instrumentation.

April 13th 2011

haha I don't know you asked I figured why not.

April 13th 2011

Thanks man, appreciate it. haha

April 13th 2011

You guys look lonely. Here I am. Undress.

April 13th 2011

Lol i already have my pants off.

Go on...

April 13th 2011

Well its my birthday-will get a present.
What did you think of the review?

April 13th 2011

I already finished. So I'm leaving now.

Lol

April 13th 2011

Bbabh don't seem to get much notice.

Curse.

because they are terrible

What do you like man?

Curse.
April 13th 2011

check my ratings, it is what they are there for