Ill Nino
Revolution/Revolucion

good

by wikuk USER (24 Reviews)
September 24th, 2005 | 17 replies

Release Date: 2001 | Tracklist

Ill Nino...
A spanish nu-metal band with their debut album: Revolution Revolucion.
Revolution Revolucion is made up of raw shouting, disturbed guitar, clean singing, percussionist; all with spanish background, like disturbed guitar is sometimes drawn back to a nice spanish guitar or the percussionist.

Ill Nino are: (on this album)

Cristian Machado- vocals
Dave Chavarri- drums
Jardel Paisante- guitars
Lazaro Pina- bass
Marc Rizzo- guitars
Roger Vasquez- percussion

1. God Save Us

The opening song, it starts with some noise then explodes into a creepy guitar, some drumming and Christian shouting "God save us! This new life has brought us this new knife It's worthless and mindless to preach. I resist that!"... First I couldn't listen to it but now I it, but the best part is the chorus. A great sung chorus where Christian really shows his range. A very good song

Grade 8.5/10

2. If You Still Hate Me

The first filler. It starts very promising with cool guitar stuff but then implodes in a shouting song. The chorus is sung but it doesn't sound on the right pitch.
Very bad filler.

Grade 3.5/10

3. Unreal

Starts with a DJ sample followed by a hard scream from Christian. This song is a bit outstanding because it's almost without shouting, and it's good.
A calm bridge between the chorusses (or something) and Christian is talking about something unreal. Not bad but could have been better.

Grade 8/10

4. Nothing's Clear

A very irritating intro repeating the same like it's recorded with some shouts in it.
The couplet is also not very good but the chorus is better. although the lyrics are poor Christians voice manage to sound full of energy.
Average song

Grade 7/10

5. What comes around

The single of the album, and it's a good choice, there is almost no screaming in the whole song and the chorus is sung very well. The bridge is more soft and is followed by Christian saying the first words of the chorus which explodes in the rest of the chorus, great song!

Grade 9/10

6. Liar

Another liar with the same formula as the rest of the album is done, the couplet is soft and the chorus is sung but nothing is awesome, everything is just average.

Grade 5.5/10

7. Rumba

One of my favorites of the album, it starts with some people talking about theology or something and is followed by a great couplet sung/screamed by Christian. The chorus is a little bit weaker but still alright.

Grade 9/10

8. Predisposed

A real filler track, not very bad but not very good. It has a great intro but the rest is somewhat weak. The lyrics are not very well (just like the rest of the album). The chorus is however great and very emotional. If the song was more based on the chorus it could be a good song, now it's just filler stuff.

Grade 7/10

9. I Am Loco

Again a very weak filler, it starts with a beat from the DJ but it sounds very ****ed up. But some things are done very well like the part where Cristian sings.
Overall, a weak song.

Grade 4/10

10. No murder

This is without any doubt the worst song on the album. It starts with some much too raw screaming which is too suddenly followed by a very weak and unregular couplet. The chorus is also poor and the pre-chorus also, the only reason why I don't give a 1 is that the chorus is poor but not as bad as the rest.

Grade 1.5/10

11. Rip out your eyes

This song has a great guitar intro followed by some percussion stuff which sounds very fast. The couplet is again sung/screamed by Christian and sounds not bad but the chorus is somehow the raw. Not one of my favorites

Grade 6.5/10

12. Revolution Revolucion

This song made me got a double-feeling, the chorus is awesome, the pre-chorus is not so good and the couplet is also great, but... the whole song is r*aped on the end of the song because instead of a third chorus there is only screaming.

Grade 8/10

13. With You

The ballad of the album and not bad, it has some Spanish guitars in it and nice drumming but it is a bit cheesy. It's not bad but also not very good.

Grade 7.5/10
`

Conclusion

After all this album isn't worth buying it. Download some tracks or let it burn for you. This album is much worse than it's follower "Confession" or their newcoming CD "New Nation Underground".

Pros

Great singing from Christian.
Drumming is not on the background.
Some very nice guitar-riffs. (like on the end of the chorus from Revolution Revolucion)
No irritating interlude filler tracks.
Songs are on the right place.

Cons

Christian shouts like he's imitating a dinosaur who's legs are broken.
Bass guitar is very hard to hear.
Some really poor songs.
Songs sound all the same.
Lyrics are extremely simple.

Recommended Tracks

God Save Us
Rumba
What Comes Around
Revolution Revolucion

Rating:

3 Stars

Linkin Park ReanimationLimp Bizkit Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water
Soilwork Stabbing the DramaIn Flames Clayman
Rush GoldIn Flames Whoracle
Metalstyles EMERITUS (3)
A decent slab of nu metal. Fans of the genre will definitely enjoy this...

September 24th 2005

Sorry for the small introduction and conclusion, i didn't want to make it very long.

And I'm not very good at those thingsThis Message Edited On 09.24.05 And your slipknot review also really s*cks. Giving a song a 7 and saying a song with a 6 is better? You surely don't know how it works eeh?This Message Edited On 09.24.05

September 24th 2005

Why would you do a reveiw where you commented on that you agreed completley with Anti-Hero, but then do a same 3 star reveiw that is only 1/10 as good as his?

September 24th 2005

eehm antihero, he's talking to me, but you're right. It's just practising to get better in writing, and kripes don't comment on my bad review writing, i know i'm not good but that's because this is my second review.

September 24th 2005

You weren't even reading my reveiw you were reading Kifs smart one. He rated his out of 10 and I rated my reveiw out of 5. Your'e the one getting things mixed up not AntiHero :angry:

September 24th 2005

Thank you antihero, by the way, your review was **** good from revolution but i thought your confession was a bit dissapointing?

don't you like Unframed, i really think it's one of their best songs. I think i'm gonna write a review about confession

oh sorry

September 24th 2005

it's okay I guess, I was really mad there a second, but not anymore now :lol: let's all just laugh it off.

September 24th 2005

Yo kripes, do you like revolution or something?

i mean why would you be mad at a stupid nothing-saying review?

not that i am angry or something, just want to know

September 24th 2005

[quote=wiuk]And kripes, your review about slipknot also really s*cks. Giving a song a 7 and saying a song which you gave a 6 is better. Eh? you surely don't know how the grading works.[/quote]

is what I was angry at.

Shadows
September 24th 2005

I saw these guys live with Godsmack once. They were alright, but the band before them and after them were much better. Actually, the opening band stole the show. Don't these guys have 3 percussionists or something like that?

Yo shadowsfallen.

They have 1 drummer and 1 percussionist.

Maybe you saw the DJ and thought it was a percussionist although the DJ isn't in their band.

BUt did you like them? :D

Shadows
September 24th 2005

They weren't bad. They had a lot of energy on stage, but their music isn't really my thing.

Maybe it was a DJ or something. I could've sworn I saw two guys doing something unusual on either side of the drummer.

September 24th 2005

yeah could be, they are a bit strange about having people in or not in their band. by the way antihero, im not doing confession, im gonna do their new album one nation underground or something. I've heard my pleasant torture and that really gonna be a 10 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P;););););););)

Turkish
May 6th 2006

I actually really enjoy this cd. Some songs were decent, and the extended version of the album definitely has some cool live tracks with a couple of extra songs.

Songs like What Comes Around, Liar, Rumba and Revolution Revolucion are what makes this album awesome.

skullcrusher149
January 25th 2008

just your basic Ill Nino album, not too much else. although, Liar, for me, was a standout.

cirq
July 11th 2009

why does this sound like korn?