Kelly Clarkson
All I Ever Wanted

by sometime USER (1 Reviews)
March 6th, 2009 | 23 replies

Release Date: 2008 | Tracklist

Review Summary: The Pop Radio station will once again embrace KC after the whole My December era, and there is no deny on this with the strong performances in All I Ever Wanted, providing radio will not be able to show the public what the ugly cover(oops!) looks like

After a brief "fuzz" on the My December era, Kelly Clarkson is back!

Clarkson's first single off the album is My Life Would Suck Without You. This is a pure cookie cutter pop song that will remind you her successful single Since You Been Gone. Matter of fact, the guitar riff on the beginning is very similar to Since You Been Gone. With that say, this song is just a generic pop rock song that will fly up the Chr/Pop chart without a doubt. However the sugar rush effect of this song is quick and short, and the burn factor is so OMG high. Although sweet initially, its forgettable

There are several songs in the album sounds scarily familiar. I Do Not Hook Up and Long Shot are two songs penned by Katy Perry, originally designated for Katy Perry's unreleased album "(A) Katy Perry". IDNHU is a fun song, but is generic as well, and burns quick like MLWSWU. Same thing with Long Shot.

Other songs that may sound familiar are Impossible and Already Gone, both produced by no other than oneRepublic frontman, Ryan Tedder. Already Gone is a sister replica of Halo, while Impossible sounds like a oneRepublic album cut. However its noteworthy that Already Gone is far superior than Halo. I predict that Already Gone will climb the chart sky high, as it contains sweet, memorable and strong lyrics AND melody. Impossible sounds like.... sorry, I don't even remember how it sounds. Forgettable

Another ballad in the album is Cry, which contain soaring vocals and touching melody. This song is going to be the "Because of You" of this album, but probably not as successful as BOY. Ready and I Want You are bad album fillers... If No One Will Listen is an awesome and sweet track, but will never be made into a single. Its an awesome album track though.

Save You is an interesting piece of music, with a strange instrumental bridge that is frankly refreshing and interesting. Highly recommended~!

Those songs mention above is of the Breakaway part. Now to the My December section...

Whyyawannabringmedown and All I Ever Wanted are two songs penned by altern rock band Armada. Whyyawannabringmedown shows the punk-ish side of KC, while All I Ever Wanted is a hot mess. Period. Not my favorites, but they have some substance in it. If I Can't Have You is just another Pop Rock Song. Nothing more.

The gem of the album is Don't Let Me Stop You. It has catchy hook, catchy chorus and a great bridge. Its a must listen! I would push this as the next single if I were the label.

Either way, this album is a perfect album to rebounce KC to pop radio station, and there's no stopping for it

Recommended tracks: I Do Not Hook Up, Don't Let Me Stop You, Already Gone, Cry, Save You

3.2
good
Rudy K. STAFF (3)
Forget just for a moment that she was spawned by American Idol, and embrace one of the guiltier plea...

March 6th 2009

After Chan's magnetic review of My December and that harrowing picture of the degradation known as Kelly Clarkson i'm almost too frightened to bear what she looks like now, unless she's pulled a Britney Spears makeover.

Review is pretty short, and lacking a bit in the descriptive department but other than that enjoyable. The single of this album, not sure what it's called is pretty awesome though.

Digging: Pohgoh - In Memory of Bab

March 6th 2009

i don't like this girls music at all sorry

Review is meh.

On a completely random note, what happened to the site? Quotes don't work, code is screwed and a couple days of reviews disappeared.

March 6th 2009

site was hacked - not been completely fixed yet & all reviews from like the 14th february to a 4/5 days ago were wiped

March 6th 2009

Wonderful, I hate hackers. Didn't you write a crappy review around then?

March 6th 2009

ya a really bad one you can go neg it if you want:

I'll get right on that.

March 6th 2009

excellent, looking at it you may already have done actually

March 6th 2009

Yeah apparently, I thought there was another one or something.

March 6th 2009

shame - i'll write another one over the next week or so for you to neg to oblivion. it's gonna be a metal review so you might actually like what i'm reviewing for once

March 6th 2009

You listen to metal? I thought you were all about "Expierimental Folk Punk."

March 6th 2009

when i said metal what i meant was experimental folk punk metalcore

nah it's gonna be some good ol' grind of the good sort, anyway kelly clarkson ...

March 6th 2009

What about her? Oh right, this is a Kelly Clarkson thread. So uh yeah...

March 6th 2009

BUT SINCE YOU BEEN GONE / I CAN BREATHE FOR THE FIRST TIME / I'M SO MOVIN' ON, YEAH YEAH

I will kill you.

March 6th 2009

silence. that was not kc related

March 6th 2009

whoa kc could stand for KELLY CLARKSON or KANE COOPER.

March 6th 2009

I bet Kane sings better than this bitch.

Maneater
March 7th 2009

I like this album and My Life Would Suck Without you is gr8 but damn the cover is UGLY :/This Message Edited On 03.07.09

Pigmi