Galneryus
One For All - All For One

by kattunlover69 USER (8 Reviews)
May 18th, 2008 | 20 replies

Release Date: 2007 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Japan> America

I dabble in a bunch of Japanese media whether it is anime, mangas, specific J-pop artists. I stumbled across this band named Galneryus a few months ago heard a few singles and reached the conclusion that they are a good solid Japanese metal band. I haven’t gotten enough incentive to actually here their album so here I am now. I just got a hold of their album entitled “One for All- All for One”.

Yama B- Vocals

Syu- Lead/rhythm guitar / backing vocals

Yu to- Bass

Yuhki- keyboards

Junichi Satoh- drums

Galneryus is a five-piece power metal band who sticks to the basics and does it great. Yama-B is the band’s vocalist; he has got the standard power metal vocals with a tad of whining in it. For those who are wondering if his screams or growls, he doesn’t. Even though he might be the run of the mill vocal wise, he can bring some great melodies to the forefront of the onslaught. At times there are even choirs in certain parts as in “Last new Song”. He at times changes his pitch to suit the mood of songs such as “Don’t Touch”.

Now the instrumentals of the albums are also slick, unlike other albums where songs sound the same, which makes me go on an inhuman rampage (haha"). Gayneryus is often coined neo-classical and power metal but I have no clue what neo classical is so I can’t help here. So it is safe to say that each track has its own identity. The bass from what you can hear create some good melodies which sucks since it is barely audible. The drummer manages to keep the pace of the songs very well, whether it is fast and furious or slow. He also throws the occasional drum fill here and there as expected. The keyboardist fits with the guitar quite well. Of course the center of a power metal band is the guitar, and boy Syu can handle it. He manages all the riffs and creates solos that blends technicality with melody seamlessly. His solos are littered all over this album. Unfortunately at times he puts a solo in for the heck of it but this is very few. He creates a melody for each song, with that melody he plays it and often adds a 1980s flavor to it. You can say each musician in this band has their limits but they know how to arrange it extremely well to create a great sound. I have managed to acquire several gripes on this album. I am not particularly fond of some of the vocal pitches the singer pulls off at times, namely “Aim at the Top”. Other times it just doesn’t seem all that great at times on this album.

Each song is filled with energetic and uplifting instrumentals and melodies. Expect fast paced in your face power metal on this album. The album itself has an instrumental intro and ending. The intro starts off with a flute and acoustic shortly joined in by a choir after a couple of seconds. In ways it sounds like calling of an army. “New Legend” track starts seamlessly after the intro to slap you in the face with fast pummeling riffing. “New Legend” has a great instrumental section just to give you a glimpse of what you are going to experience throughout the album. From uplifting melodies from “Everlasting” from the dirty badass feeling you get when you listen to “Don’t Touch”. These guys aren’t trying to change music; these guys are just making some good old straight-forward power metal for your ears. So get your head out of that boring valley of the damned and pick this up once and for all. (gah the line was just to cheesy I just couldn’t resist)

Pros:

Nicely thought out instrumentals

Variety in each song

Cons:

Vocals can get grating at times

Circle Takes the Square As the Roots UndoFort Minor We Major (Mixtape)
Amaseffer Slaves for LifeLilitu The Delores Lesion
Jeezy Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101Three 6 Mafia Most Known Unknown

AngelPhoenix
April 16th 2008

Your summary offends me...
lol j/k, not a bad review actually, some awkward wording and you seem to repeat yourself sometimes, but overall you gave me a pretty good idea of what to expect.
edit: But take out the link at the bottom, like now. You can get spanked...This Message Edited On 04.16.08

rasputin
April 16th 2008

Review is okay, go through it and fix the grammatical errors and awkward sentences, and it should be better.

For all you people who is to poor to go to Itunes

For all you people who are to poor to go on Itunes. Also get rid of the download link, if you want to post it, post it in a comment not on the actual review.

mana20
April 16th 2008

Im a big fan of jap metal so I'm glad to see them here, If you like power metal no other Japanese band pulls it off as well, I think Syu the guitarist has a lot of emotion to his playing.

gah y yall so picky

I can't believe no1 got my dragonforce references by now...

Lunarfall
April 16th 2008

Umm, yeah, don't post those here unless you want to get banned.

New bassist in this band >>>>>> old bassist

But their older albums are definitely better than this one, especially Beyond the Edge of Despair.This Message Edited On 04.16.08

Essence
April 16th 2008

Your review is kind of confusing and all over the place.....
Honestly, if you have a reason to relate these guys to Dragonforce at all.... don't.This Message Edited On 04.16.08

April 18th 2008

they are always compared to DF for some reason...with that said.....these guys are better...also uped to a 4 every track is great not one dull one

Mendigo
April 29th 2008

just stumbled across this one:

[quote]Quote:
For all you people who is to poor to go to Itunes

For all you people who are to poor to go on Itunes.[/quote]
For all you people who are too poor to go on Itunes.

May 10th 2008

^^ blah blah blah really....is it that controversal?

Ouch
May 21st 2008

That review felt really fanboyish...

SHOOTME
June 4th 2008

^truth.

August 10th 2008

review not even that bad stop troll negging it

Poet
August 10th 2008

this band bored me very very quickly.

Lunarfall
August 10th 2008

Firewind bores me very quickly

Poet

ok?? Your point?

October 30th 2008

everlasting is such a fucking epic song

ikarus
February 13th 2009

this band fucking rocks, i need to get my hands on beyond the edge of despair though

guitarnoob123
January 25th 2010

good review I really like this band. Too bad Yama-B left the band. I think they got a new vocalist, but it probably wont be the same band without him

JizzInMyPants
October 3rd 2012

man everlasting is such a beast of a song

Mabbitt
December 10th 2015

Review does describe the album well, but it reads poorly.