This cd came out long before the terrible Ataris that we now know today. This cd is one of the better Ataris albums that I have heard, but still lacks a little bit. Not quite sure, but theres just something missing.
10/10 rating system 1 /10 lowest 10/10 highest
1. Losing Streak.. 9/10 - I think this is a great opening song for this cd. It enters in with just guitar playing a simple power chord progression, then everything else bursts in. Great lyrics about never giving up, and I definitely recommend this song to anybody.
2. 1*15*96... 6/10 - This is just one of those songs that eeeh, it never really sticks. I think that they could have left this song off the cd, because, well, it pretty much sucks.
3. San Dimas High School Football Rules...10/10- I really love this song. The 2 guitars really work well in this song, and I like the fact that in the verse, all u can hear are power chords, and the bass drum. Really kick *** song, prob the best on the cd.
4. Your Boyfriend Sucks...7/10 - This is a pretty cool song. Not much to say, but i like the way he screams "hes breaking your heart!!" hahaha.
5. I Wont Spend Another Night Alone....6/10 - this is an okay song, but the lyrics are uninspired to say the least. The guitars mesh well again, but theres something just not right about this song. Its okay if you enjoy slower, melodic style of punk, but i think it is a waste of a song.
6. Broken Promise Ring.......9/10 - I like this song basically because it has a really cool, yet very basic drum beat to it. Even though about 95% of this cd is about breaking up, like this song, it is still very catchy.
7. Angry Nerd Rock....8/10 - Angry describes it well, and their singer really belts it out on this song. Without the lyrics, i really think this song wouldn't be very good at all, but the lyrics make this song what it is. Listen to it.
8. The Last Song I Will Ever Write About a Girl....9/10 - This song has the best guitar part written by the Ataris, and it kicks serious ***. It starts really loud, then kind of calms down a bit, and then it gets louder and louder, really cool. The only downfall, is the end, when they just go off and start, well i don't know, but overall, a really tight song.
9.Choices......7/10- Short song, but pretty catchy, basic punk beat. Nothing special, but still ok
10. Better Way....7/10 - this song isn't a bad song by any means. The lyrics show a lot of maturity, and talk about what its like to be on the road, but still having to support a family.
11. My Hotel Year....9/10 - this is an acoustic and shortened version, but it is way better than the original. Just a kick *** song all around. Download it.
12.Life Makes No Sense....8/10 - Starts out with a cool bass intro, and kind of talks a lot about not caring about what anyone thinks, and you should just be yourself. Cool lead guitar part too.
13. Answer.....5/10 - EEh, this song lacks any little hint of creativity in my mind, and I hope no one buys this cd to listen to this song.
14. In Spite of the World....6/10- this song is not a good closer. In any other spot in the cd, it would be alright, but it really isn't great for closing up a cd. Not high energy, eeeh. just i don't know...
Overall, a good cd, but there are a few things that should have been changed. Not their best cd, but still definitely worth buying. i give it a