|UserSoundoffs 4Album Ratings 125Objectivity 80%Last Active 08-20-08 7:15 pmJoined 08-20-08Forum Posts 0Review Comments 3
|10 Albums I'm Digging Right Now|
1. I heard loser the other day...man that took me back. Rediscovering has proved to be a valuable experience.
2. Until recently I have never listened to this album before, aside from a few of the singles. No joke.
3. I love this band! There hasn't been an album I've felt like I could rock out to this hard since...I don't know...Let It Be.
4. I couldn't help but laughing out loud after hearing some of Girl Talk's mixes this time-- but in a good way-- as if someone had just showed me how to use a Gamecube as a toaster...and then let me eat the toast.
5. Raw sound recording, danceable beats, simple lyrics embracing the animal power of rock-- this punk album misses nothing.
6. My first introduction to these guys was the music video for "American Wedding." It was love at first sight and everything I loved about-- the clever lyrics poking fun at American and Eastern European culture, the thick accent behind the shouted vocals, the traditional Eastern European folk roots-- appeared throughout the rest of this splendid album.
7. Gorgeous harmonies recall CSNY and the Band (always a good thing) or if you prefer, My Morning Jacket and Grizzly Bear.
8. Introspective, catchy, and a broader instrumentation in any other rock band of its type.
9. No fillers appear in this album, simply catchy pop tunes with wonderful lyrics.
10. An experience, really, not just a collection of incredible songs. This album never seems to leave me.
|3|| ||Les Savy Fav|
Let's Stay Friends
Feed the Animals
|5|| ||The Ramones|
|6|| ||Gogol Bordello|
Chutes Too Narrow
|10||Neutral Milk Hotel|
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
|listening to 10 right now. Really great stuff. Girl Talk is really strange lol. |
|"4. I couldn't help but laughing out loud after hearing some of Girl Talk's mixes this time-- but in a good way-- as if someone had just showed me how to use a Gamecube as a toaster...and then let me eat the toast."|
I felt the exact same way when I heard 4.
|have you ever been to american wedding? where is the vodka, where is marinated herring?|