We all know and love Bad Religion They are the guys who helped save punk rock after Sex Pistols' Sid Vicious died. Even some of the bands of current day 2006 are based upon ideas that Bad Religion started. Some members of the band were about 15 (or so) when they started back in 1980.
Bad Religion's first full-length album, How Could Hell Be Any Worse?, is a highly recommended album released in the band's early years before Suffer, released five years after the release of this album. Fans believe the follow-up to this album, Into the Unknown, was not a good and popular album, due to the band slipping into a different genre. Though, Bad Religion were back to their regular genre, which is punk, since releasing the 1984 EP Back to the Known.
How Could Hell Be Any Worse? was financed by a $1 000 loan by guitarist Brett Gurewitz's father. Its success surprised the band when it sold 10 000 copies in under a year. The sound of the record was vastly improved from their first release, 1981's self-titled EP. The record was originally released as an LP in 1982. The third song on this album, "Part III", features Greg Hetson (who was in Circle Jerks during this time) playing the guitar solo.
In 1991, How Could Hell Be Any Worse? was repackaged and finally released on CD as it appeared on the compilation album 80-85, which includes all the songs off this album and the two EPs Bad Religion and Back to the Known, plus three songs from a Various Artists compilation album Public Service, featuring Circle One, Disability, RF7 and Redd Kross.
If you are a fan of REAL PUNK ROCK, rockabilly, in general, I highly recommend this album as it is one of Bad Religion's best, and really has some good songs on it. When you listen to this album (or on 80-85), it helps you enjoy their long journey back to their humble beginnings.
(On this album) Bad Religion are: Greg Graffin - Vocals Brett Gurewitz - Guitars Jay Bentley - Bass Pete Finestone - Drums
"We're Only Gonna Die"
"Latch Key Kids"
"*** Armageddon... This Is Hell"
"Voice of God Is Government"
How Could Hell Be Any Worse? = 5/5 = REALLY A GREAT ALBUM!
Vheissu, why do you bother speaking? I don't think my reviews are rubbish, and the fact you sit there on your high horse with a grand total of one pisses me off. Lay off, you haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about.
[quote=Alex101] We all know and love Bad Religion They are the guys who helped save punk rock after Sex Pistols' Sid Vicious died.[/quote]
This is what gets you my neg vote. That is a terribly ignorant and fanboyish statement. Not to mention you told me absolutley nothing about the album. Turn the bold down a bit too!
[quote=vheissu] (don't look at the other reviews. There are about 4 of them that are worthwhile on this entire website, most of them by either Med57 or DFelon).[/quote]
Spoken like a true scumbag :thumb:
You are lame sauce. Musicoffical's reviews own your sloppy opinion on who saved punk rock. Leave the site if you're so much better than us. If you think the bold text will save you then you are sadly mistaken. By the way, you are a terrible assclown to critisize us like that. Yes, you said it yourself, the review was infact POOR. It had nothing to do with the album, it was just a fanboyish rant on how Bad Religion saved punk, haha, that is just so funny.
And You have obviously not listened to more music than us if you think this deserves a 5, not to mention the "saved punk" line either. Your opinion is blasphemy. And you sir, can rot in hell.
dude, there's a reason you ****ers aren't published in magazines. Don't take style advice from a bunch of amateurs. If you want to improve, disregard everything that's been said but this: read books, and read magazines with reviews by writers that were actually HIRED because they're GOOD.
I don't see this as a site for music reviews... I see it as a site for music discussion. Like a much more organized, topical forum.
1) I think my review was pretty poor. I wrote it while up late, and it's full of redundancy and leadups that go nowhere.
2) Most of you couldn't write your way out of your own asses.
3) I've read more books, studied more ****, and probably listened to more music than alot of you ever will have. Just because I don't throw my opinion in your faces by taking hours to write reviews, thus climbing my way up the site hierarchy, doesn't mean my opinion isn't worthwhile.
4) MusicOfficial, your reviews are rubbish. I'm not saying you won't get better, but right now, and I'm sorry to say it, they are pure uninteresting crap.
5) The sand in the vagina thing is about 4 years old. It wasn't funny then, it isn't funny now, and it won't be funny the next time you subtly insert it into one of your relentlessly witty posts.
6) who the hell banned me again? Honestly, what rule did I break? Jesus, this community is a perfect example of how power corrupts. Even transparent, useless online power. the last time i got banned, it was because I argued (in a more civil manner than those I argued against) that Coheed's latest album sucked royal ***. That's just flat out ridiculous. Whatever. I guess I'll see you around. (edit: in hell, you flaming queers)
hahaha, you're the worst in the league. get lost loser.
The sand in the vagina thing is about 4 years old. It wasn't funny then, it isn't funny now, and it won't be funny the next time you subtly insert it into one of your relentlessly witty posts.
...That sorta makes it sound like you have sand in your vagina thats four years old... which makes it a heck of alot funnier.
Just because I don't throw my opinion in your faces by taking hours to write reviews, thus climbing my way up the site hierarchy, doesn't mean my opinion isn't worthwhile.
A. I bet you wouldn't be saying that if you could write a decent review.
B. None of us write for that purpose. It's for the love of music and writing. Plus we all want to share our opinions (not shove them in you face)
EDIT: Nevermind, I read your review, it was pretty good, just lay off other peoples, okay?
More on topic, the review isn't too good, but theres nothing I can say that hasn't been said. Better luck next time.