Weezer
Death to False Metal

2.0
poor

by yidnarc USER (18 Reviews)
January 28th, 2013 | 18 replies | 5,256 views

Review Summary: the problem is that it's not very well produced at all! In fact they sound more like home demos than a product you would release to the public.

IF you don't know who Weezer, then it's been under a rock for quite some time don't you think? While you might think that would make these this sound the same as it used to, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. And that's the big problemo with Weezer (i always thought the b sides should go under a different name), the problem is that it's not very well produced at all! In fact they sound more like home demos than a product you would release to the public. And that drags this down from probably a 4 (or at the very least a 4.5) to a 3 or 2. But if you can look past that little factoid then you should be all set to enjoy this doozy of an album headed your way.

This album follows pretty much the same forumla as the first one does; great first half, boring second half. And the same is true for most albums, starting off with a bang but getting sort of old due to the lack of very good production. Luckily though the album starts off with probably it's best set of songs like Tuning Up the Radio. It is just a simple three chord song like the opener My Name is Jonas from Blue, but its a solid song that doesn't get too complex. The second song I don't Want Your Loving is pretty good too, although it has one GLARING flaw; it rips off other Weezer songs! Same melody as some of the others! Did he think we wouldn't notice since its surrounded by a song that he wrote?

Unbroken is another good one although its more of a cover power ballad than the others are. I remember reading his twitter and he said he was going to put an acoustic version of this on the new album but as far as I know it's not on it. Everyone is also another highlight but the only reason its so good is because it has killer vocals and some funny lyrics to back it up but no real stand out moment in general. The rest of the album is fairly boring but not really bad. And overall we have a really silly album that could have been perfect if he gave it the same amount of production as the Weezer A albums. But its just kind of in the middle now.

Defeater TravelsGlassjaw Worship and Tribute
Glassjaw Everything You Ever Wanted To Know...Letlive. Fake History
Weezer HurleyWeezer Raditude
3.1
good
CasualListen (4.5)
Another good effort by Weezer...

January 27th 2013

reveiwed all weezer discography now

climactic
January 27th 2013

is english your primary language

January 27th 2013

well yes but i may have made mistakes

January 27th 2013

i'm at the library right now

flancexander

Hoover dam

Crymsonblaze

lol great review

americanohno
January 27th 2013

so... I read the comments I made (on my americanmusicmachine acct) under the previous review for this album. Christ was (am?) I a terrible commenter. For whatever reason I thought it humorous to pretend this was a good album.

Anyways good review.

MeatSalad

Great album name

Digging: Love - Forever Changes

Tyrael

20725 Comments

'the problem is that it's not very well produced at all! In fact they sound more like home demos than a product you would release to the public.'

these are all demos

Life to true metal

Digging: Anberlin - Lowborn

RevenantBlue
January 28th 2013

Your grammar is atrocious. Are you a frequent Amazon reviewer, by any chance?

demigod!
January 28th 2013

"IF you don't know who Weezer, then it's been under a rock for quite some time don't you think?

wat

Digging: Black Flag - My War

robvusechevic

Are you stupid or.....

January 28th 2013

"Your grammar is atrocious. Are you a frequent Amazon reviewer, by any chance?"
no need to be mean to me i'm just doing by best

"wat"

March 2nd 2014

Ah no shit, it's Crandy Newman

tresm87
July 2nd 2014

They purposely released this to sound demo like and more raw

Digging: PVRIS - Acoustic E.P.