Ministry
Houses of the Mole

by metalhead77 USER (1 Reviews)
August 16th, 2006 | 8 replies | 7,631 views

Release Date: 2004 | Tracklist

Ministry is a great industrial band. This is the only CD i have of Ministry but i have heard lots of songs by Ministry. This is a great album but it does take some time to get used to.

Track 1: No W
This song is very fast and is one of the best on the album. It is has a great solo. The vocals are also quite good. It is about Bush as most of the songs on the album are. There also a similar version of the song on Tony Hawk Underground 2 called No but has an intro that isnt in the track. Everything else is the same. 3.5/5

Track 2: Waiting
This song comes in with blaring double bass. It is actually a lot slower than the first one. It starts off with a cool little speech. The song has a great beat. The lyrics are repetive but at the same time very good. 4.5/5

Track 3: Worthless
By far my favorite song on the cd. It sounds like something Mairlyn Manson or Trent Reznor would do. It also has a slower tempo the bass is heard quite well in this song. It has the best solo, which is very old school zeppilinish. The lyrics are very dark. 5/5

Track 4: Wrong
Starts off with this awesome bassline. Then Jorgenson comes in screaming Your wrong everytime! Then all the other instrument join in. This song is another song that is about Bush. Jorgenson sounds really angry in this song. The tempo is moderate. Another very good song 5/5

Track 5: Warp City
Starts off with a drum roll on the snare. Then a guy starts talking about an old lady who starts drinking and then killed by her husband. The rest of the song is about what happened after that. The song is very fast paced. The guitar are really heavy. Jorgenson songs quite clear on this song. 3/5

Track 6: WTV
Another Ministy song about televion. The fastest song on the cd. It is very humorous. It plays little TV clips i'm not sure if there real our not. I think some of them are. I swear there is GIR from Invader Zim in there. Anyway great song and a most listen to. 4.5/5

Track 7: WKJY
This sounds like Nine Inch Nails. It is very technoish. Personally I dont like it a lot. The vocals sound like there just this something in the background and are insignifacant in this song. You cant really make out what he is saying you just here the voice echo. 3/5

Track 8:Want
It has a heavy intro and Jorgenson comes in with very heavy yelling. It sounds like Faith No More. It has a coooool solo. But the song is very very repetive. Every once in awhile they through in a guitar solo. Then it has a redneck talking to end the song.3/5

Track 9: Worm
This song is also very techoish. It is really weird. The vocals sound really cool. Al sings in this one a lot. He doesnt grunt all the time. Its very good. Its sort of comical. I recommend this song. 4.5/5

The rest of the CD is just silence and elevator music.

Pros
The guitar solos
Bass heard well
The songs are very diverse

Cons
The echoing voice gets repetative

bicepman4000
August 17th 2006

I agree with the first comment. Track-by-tracks are an easier way to write reviews, but only if done right. You need to talk more about song specifics, like the feeling of it, possibly lyrical content, high points, etc.
If you want to check out more Ministry get Psalm 69 (which I reviewed ;-) ) or their new one, Rio Grande Blood (I've got it on right now, thinking about reviewing it soon.
You are right about this album though, I love most on Ministry's earlier stuff, but I found this hard to swallow. I just got Rio Grande Blood, and after a few listens put this back on and found it much more listenable, in fact I started liking it. Now I gotta get Anamosisitisisomana, my hole between this and the dismal Dark Side of the Spoon... I've heard it comes on a music DVD, anyone seen it?

Wizard
January 1st 2007

19304 Comments

Not the best description of this album in the least. Its way more old school Ministry, more thrashy.

Digging: Downer - Downer

dudeinthepassinglane
May 23rd 2007

I was thinking of writing a rewview for this - I may still - It's really good, such intensity; only Slayer beats em for me.

insomniac15
February 4th 2011

dude, there's no Want track on the album it's World at no.7 , and it's WKYJ at no.8. also, put some more interest on each description if you choose a track-by-track review.

Digging: Anberlin - Lowborn

CK
August 7th 2013

This or Filth Pig? Can't decide which to get

insomniac15
August 7th 2013

This is Ministry sped up and Filth Pig is Ministry slowed down.

CK
August 25th 2013

Yeah I might dig this more. WTV is one of the most catchy songs ever

sinsexsodomy
August 7th 2014

last great Ministry album imo, after this Al started to slip