Coroner
No More Color

by Freezing Moon USER (5 Reviews)
August 7th, 2006 | 143 replies | 14,132 views

Release Date: 1989 | Tracklist

From the opening riff fest that is "Die By My Hand" all the way through the odd closer, "Last Entertainment", Coroner takes you through 39 minutes of necksnapping tech-thrash.

The guitars are definitely the highlight and stand a step above everything else on here. You need look no farther than the first riff on the album to know that these guys know how to play their instruments. Trying to play most of this stuff makes me feel like it's my second day playing guitar all over again, especially the solos. Speaking of solos, there are tons of them and they're all great.

Ron Royce belts out some interesting vocals with an odd accent, which is kind of strange at first, but definitely fitting for the music. The lyrics are well written and have a bit of a depressing undertone that you wouldn't really notice unless you read them while you listened.

A couple of my favorite parts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Royce
Endless run, endless pain
Thousands of words, beating my brain
Thousands of lips, try to explain
But never found the answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Royce
Mistress of deception
Daughter of death
Realm of the sun
Merciless, invincible
The lyrics are delivered in catchy vocal lines that make you want to sing along... even with the weird accent.

The drum work is fairly technical and solid all throughout the album adding even more headbangability, completing the flow of the riffs. No annoying badly-tuned snare drums, too-loud cymbals, not too loud, not too quiet.

For all you bass players, there is some quality bass work on this album. It's prominent in the mix and has a big role in the overall sound of the album. I'll be listening and forget about the bass until it suddenly emerges out of the mix with a cool run or an interesting riff.

Really, there are no weak songs. They're all very well written, very well executed, and memorable. There's definitely some catchy parts to be found on this. Listen to it a few times and you'll be pretty familiar with it. It's difficult to recommend similar artists since this album is really unique and not much sounds like it.

4.3
facupm (5)
Coroner goes a couple of levels up and makes their first masterpiece...

Geadom (5)
Warning: Contagious material lies ahead. Approach with care or prepare to be addicted....

SWORD (4.5)
Yeah....

Dethtrasher
August 7th 2006

I love this band! Finally some more thrash
I was about to get this album but now I got to have it.
The review was though a bit strange, I'm not sure if I will vote this time but we'll see.

FatalEnergy

My favorite Coroner album. Totally amazing tech-thrash

Freezing Moon
August 7th 2006

Heh, I didn't spend a whole lot of time on it. I need to edit a few things and do some re-wording.

Apocalyptic Raids
August 8th 2006

Excellent album, though I need to listen to it more often. I often head straight for Punishment For Decadence when I listen to Coroner.

nice review fogot

FR33L0RD
April 13th 2007

Waow
amazing trash album

Athom
October 23rd 2009

hands down the best Thrash album ever.

SteelErectedb4you8er
December 26th 2009

A friend showed me this album a little over a month ago, and I fell in love with it. How could I be a huge fan of thrash metal and never think to check out Coroner. This is great shit.

coneren
December 26th 2009

I promise my name isnt about them.....well it might be if I check them out and love them.

SteelErectedb4you8er
December 26th 2009

If you like old school thrash, you should love Coroner.

coneren
December 26th 2009

Ever since I saw the name I've been wanting to listen to them

Insurrection

TheyTookOurJobs
June 22nd 2010

Lovely album so far.

August 18th 2010

so much thrash here check it out guys

Digging: Invisible - El jardin de los presentes

Dryden
August 18th 2010

listen to kill or be killed

those the rules

December 28th 2010

yea

Voivod
December 28th 2010

Probably the best tech-thrash record ever conceived.

Digging: Troldhaugen - Obzkure Anekdotez For Maniakal Massez

January 6th 2011

more thrash than ever

Pyosisified
January 6th 2011

punishment for decadence is better