Eagles Of Death Metal
Death By Sexy

by Anthony Hoch USER (16 Reviews)
April 12th, 2006 | 34 replies | 8,156 views

Release Date: 2006 | Tracklist

Eagles of Death Metal - Death by Sexy...

Following up an album as sexy as Peace, Love, Death Metal is a tuff thing to do. But in my opinion if anyone could do it, I guess it would be Eagles of Death Metal, they are the sexiest band... EVER!!!!!

The album starts out strong enough with the quick Boys Bad News its a solid track, but things seem a little over-produced. It doesnít have that whole "Recorded in a few days" kind of vibe that there previous album did. In most cases solid production really doesnít take anything away from a band, but the Eagles kind of lose a little charm with their new found studio wizardry.

The next couple tracks Just Nineteen and Cherry Cola are a couple of nice rockers. They return to that classic Eagles vibe, but on Just Nineteen Josh Homme seems to be edging up into the limelight, His Backing vocals really are a little high in the mix. Cherry Cola is one of my personal favorite cuts; itís a fun rocker, with ridiculous lyrics.

Up next is I like to move in the night itís another really good track, itís about dancin'. Something the Eagles feel very strongly about, and that was lacking in the first few songs. The bass on this one is at the center, it has a good distorted bass line, and some cool melodies. Next is Solid Gold this one is a bit of a clunker, the guitar is too clean, and I just donít dig the overall feel of the song. But the lyrics are sexy as hell and thatís always a plus.

After a rather disappointing track comes, Donít Speak this ones cool and it has sexy as hell lyrics that you just want to sing along to;

Donít move! I came to make a bang ya
Bang ya !
Donít move I came to bang ya !

The guitar is nice and fuzzy, and things donít drag on to long, itís just a good song. Next is Keep your Head Up , maybe there is some kind of sex joke that I donít get in this song, but the chorus sucks, the rest of the song is pretty damn good and saves it from being a complete disaster. Also maybe itís just me but it sounds like he screams "Ronald Reagan" at the end of the song.

Next up is The Ballad of Queen Bee and Baby Duck , I think this song about Josh Homme, and Brody Dale, but the hell if I know, itís a cool song, Jesse croons the lyrics like a champ, and the female vocals really add to the song. This one has a cool sound. After that comes Poor Doggie these drums sound really familiarÖ in fact itís almost the exact drums from ďFlames go higher" off there previous album Peace, love, Death Metal. But overall this is another good song,with a cool old timey bluesy sound..

Now comes, Chase the Devil this is the fastest song on the album, also its one of the best, it starts with a nice folk guitar bit, then goes into strait up rock and roll boogie, a personal favorite of mine. Following that up is Eagles Goth I still donít know why the hell it has that title. If anything I guess its cause of the moody ďOoohhís and Ahhh's" found on the song. Its a quick one, but its cool, I think of it as this albums "Midnight Creeper" This is another good cut, and its sexy as hell to boot.

Next up are the last two tracks Shasta Beast and Bag O' Miracles .The former is another good track, talking about how parents hate Jesse because heís so damn sexy. Bag O' Miracles is a nice calming hyme type of song. Itís a great track, and a really good way to close the album.

So what it comes down to is; should you buy ďDeath by Sexy...? Yeah, you should. Itís a good album, itís got a filler track or two, like any album, and sure itís a little short. But itís good none the less. Some of the new Ideas donít really work as well as they could have but the music is solid and, like there debut album itís damn fun to listen to.

Final Verdict:

3.2
good

XxcheetoxX
April 12th 2006

I remember when seeing these guys they would dedicate every song to the ladies.

FrddyBrnRgrJhn
April 12th 2006

if you got a dollar for everytime you described the lyrics as "sexy as hell".

this is a fairly decent review (i dont want to be too critical, ive written my fair share of shit reviews), but the general vibe of it sounds like its coming from a teenage girl who wouldnt think twice about sleeping with each band member multiple times. plus i didnt learn much about the album

i DID learn, however, that josh homme is involved in this project, so i'll probably want to eventually pick up a copy of either this or peace love and death metal.

SyphonAss
April 12th 2006

this is a preaty sweet band. i like josh on drums
okay review exsept i don't know what it sounds likeThis Message Edited On 04.12.06

Lartsa
April 12th 2006

I may sue them for false advertisement.

chuchorota
April 17th 2006

i cant wait to see them at coachella i hpe they play more of the old stuff

AlienEater
April 18th 2006

IMO they were better when they weren't real.

Neoteric
April 18th 2006

That aren't death metal at all >=(

MrBrown
April 18th 2006

Yes they are sexy and fun but this album was very poor. The best best song on the CD is I Want You Soo Hard (Boy's Bad News). That is a great song.. the other songs waren't that exciting!

(>dragon~guitarist<)
April 27th 2006

I'm watching them on Conan right now, its kinda catchy but not exactly my type of music.

ReturnToRock
April 27th 2006

i'm getting tired of people always praising everything josh homme does. what next, ęjosh homme's bathroom soundsĽ, voted album of the year in 2007?!

Zmev
May 1st 2006

Im not Josh Homme fanboy. But this is great also.

Simply another one on the pile.

May 2nd 2006

im a josh homme fanboy, but until he releases a bad album.

Bathroom sounds, that would still be pretty good, some of the drums on lullubies were recorded in the can, thats a start right ?

JohnXDoesn't
May 19th 2006

I saw these guys last night on Letterman. They performed out on the sidewalk on 53rd and Broadway. They rocked like hell. I liked 'em a lot. And yes, they are dead sexy indeed....This Message Edited On 05.19.06

pulseczar
May 19th 2006

worst album title of '06++

May 22nd 2006

The album title rocks man, your outa your mind.

overdriven101
May 22nd 2006

"this isnt death metal at all" - cathederal
cathederal, their name (as stupid as it is) is a joke, no offence, but it is pretty obviousThis Message Edited On 05.22.06

overdriven101

oh and any14doomsday, u are too much of a FANBOYThis Message Edited On 05.22.06

May 25th 2006

too much, what do you meen ?

I wouldnt even consider myeself a fanboy realy. but I have been called one.

masada
May 25th 2006

The title reminds me of "Sexy Results".

ninjasmurf
June 8th 2006

i got the other album - it rocked this more of the same then?