0 of 9 thought this review was well written
Linkin Park- Meteora
Linkin Park. They are, by many people, described as "nu-metal". I am not one of those people. At times, they can sound like nu-metal, and they've got the turntables and heavy amps and whatnot, but I like to think of this band as simply hard rock, even rap-metal at times. But, Linkin Park has always been one of my favorite bands.
1. Foreword: Well, as far as forwards go, this is really unnecessary. It is simply the sound of a thunder storm and glass shattering. It is definitely not needed, but kind of shows the meaning of the album. I won't rate this one because it's not a song.
2. Don't Stay: One of the heavier songs on the album. Great music, but the lyrics are.... okay. This is a great headbanging song, and it should really get you moving. It's got the screams in between the verses, and an average chorus, lyricwise. Good song. 4/5.
3. Somewhere I Belong: This song is also one of the better songs on the album. The music and lyrics are good, and it's just a good song to listen to. I think it got some radio play, not much, but it may have been a single (not sure). It's a fun song. 4.5/5.
4. Lying From You: This is one of my favorite songs on the album. It's really a great headbanging song to jam to. A bit on the heavy side, but not too much. It's just an awesome song, not disappointing, and great to bang your head to. Awesome. 5/5.
5. Hit The Floor: Well, this is not one of my favorites, but I still like it. It's not as great as the other songs, but it is an enjoyable track. 3/5.
6. Easier To Run: This is one of the slower songs on the album. But, that's a good thing. It has a great intro, and the lyrics are really good. I wouldn't recommend this if you're only into the heavy part of the band, but it's a meaningful song. You'll get the message when you hear it. 5/5/
7. Faint: Not my favorite. It's okay, got some good things about it, but it just doesn't do it for me. I don't know why. It's alright, just not one of my favorites. 2.5/5.
8. Figure.09: Alright, good. I like this one. It's got a good drum beat at the intro, and what comes after it is all good. Nice song. 4/5.
9. Breaking The Habit: One of the singles from the album. Awesome song, faster than the other tracks, but not very heavy, which isn't all that bad. It's a really cool song, you have probably heard it or seen the video for it sometime in your life. One of the best on the album. 5/5.
10. From The Inside: I heard this song, and I thought it was alright, but not the best. Well, yeah. It's an okay track, not the best on the whole album, but it's good. 3/5.
11. Nobody's Listening: This has a flute opening, and then it goes in to a rap verse. The raps are a bit repetitive, but this is a catchy song. Pretty good, I like it a lot. 4/5.
12. Session: Well, this isn't exactly a song. It might be filler, there are no vocals or anything. It's instrumental. It's okay, but I don't think it was needed. 2.5/5.
13. Numb: Another single, and probably the most popular song on the album. Got tons of radio play, and even got turned into a rap song with Jay-Z. It's one of the best songs on the entire album, if not the best. 5/5.
So, go to a store and buy this. You'll love it, guaranteed. Well, I did.