Hakaristi
Hakaristi

2.0
poor

by rasputin USER (196 Reviews)
August 2nd, 2013 | 23 replies

Originally released by Filth and Violence on cassette two years ago (limited to 88 copies), this has been reissued on vinyl by Legion Blotan. Hakaristi (swastika in Finnish) came to attention when the demo was circulated around some blogs after the tape release, gaining a bit of a cult following due to its obscure nature and the cult-ish fanbase of F&V.

To be entirely honest, I can’t tell if I like this 7" or not. It’s a combination of punk, black metal and noisecore, but extremely lo-fi and sonically offensive. The punk leanings that come through are quite enjoyable to hear, but in general this is an ugly and abhorrent recording. The fuzz and noise regularly gets to the point where it feels that you’re listening to harsh noise or even power electronics, due to a rhythmic flow through the composition. The EP definitely has certain qualities, and I’m waiting for that stormy evening when I’ll play this and have the necessary ‘awakening’. It probably won't come.

Hoax HoaxBurial Invocation Rituals of the Grotesque
Eibon Entering DarknessAbe Sada / Sub Ordnance Redux / Organ Grinder
Iron Lung/Mind Eraser/HS/Scapegoat Brutal SupremacyAbsum/Odz Manouk Rotting Esophagus
2.7

TrueBlood
August 2nd 2013

'I can't tell if I like this'

well you 2'd it...

Deviant.
August 2nd 2013

Tell me more inconsequential user

Digging: LV and Joshua Idehen - Islands

CK
August 2nd 2013

Uhh... welcome back I guess? ha this is shorter than a pizzamachine or Adam Thomas review

August 2nd 2013

This review is absolutely awful. Whoever gave this guy contributor status must be on drugs.

lol

you have a fucking awful, generic writing style

matterlogical
August 2nd 2013

no offence rasputin but this review is generic as well and doesn't describe the music at all.

August 2nd 2013

do you even know what generic means or are you only using it because I did?

and I actually describe absolutely everything you need to know about this EP in the review, AND THEN SOME

August 2nd 2013

Raw and nosiy punk/black metal is quite the thing these days and you can only listen to so many of these type of bands. Welcome back.

Digging: Pharmakon - Abandon

NeroCorleone80
August 2nd 2013

Probably the shortest review ive ever seen

matterlogical
August 2nd 2013

Generic is anything that conforms to the norm of what is expected.

"I can’t tell if I like this 7" or not" - a 7" is a media, this is an album not a 7" - being a 7" would imply its just a piece of vinyl.

Nowhere do you describe what the instruments do, the highlights of the album or low points, or the actual music.

Azn.
August 2nd 2013

this review is very ungeneric...lol

and I agree with having length fit the music

Azn.
August 2nd 2013

also it's pretty bad if you can't tell whether or not you like something...I think a low rating based off of that is warranted

August 2nd 2013

Generic is anything that conforms to the norm of what is expected.

yeah that's what it means. do you see now why you looked like a retard for using it?

Yes a 7" is media. The EP I listened to I own, and it is a 7". My review is of that 7". Are you seriously this fucking dense?

hahaha

if those are the crucial parts of a review you write, then you shouldn't be writing reviews. and I'll just say it again, I describe the music on this record quite accurately.

August 2nd 2013

based off of that is warranted

your comment made me realise that most of sputnik's current userbase is not going to understand the
fact that my rating means nothing and that this isn't a normal piece of music that you either like or
you don't. it's sonically offensive, as I said, and does not have any redeeming features, but that's
also the point of it.

GiaNXGX

bittersweet blurb

have you heard Oblique Strategy / Music for the New Depression yet rasp

August 2nd 2013

Agreed hard. I have prior experience with this kind of music and I enjoy it so there's a great chance I along with anyone else that digs this style could rate this a 3 or higher depending on our enjoyment. Also, you idiots are ruining the thread.

sputnik never changes

sup Wylie?

Cygnatti
August 2nd 2013

The way you described it was actually very alluring. Might need to check this out.

Digging: Jon Hopkins - Immunity

August 2nd 2013

certain people whose musical taste I have confidence in swear by it, which is what led me to obtain a copy in the first place. I love my noise but this isn't particularly inspiring.

August 2nd 2013

This review is fine, you guys are idiots

It's 11 lines that's fine, I've written a couple 12 liners

Digging: Viper the Rapper - You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack

Omaha
August 2nd 2013

Rasputin, we have never interacted but you seem like an awesome dude. Nice to see a review from
you.