The Pharcyde
Plain Rap

by TopDawg108 USER (2 Reviews)
June 15th, 2013 | 7 replies | 891 views

Release Date: 2000 | Tracklist

Once again, The Pharcyde returns with a third album, Plain Rap. As the title explains, the songs are really plain and modern. Here, Fatlip is no longer in the group and remains Imani, Bootie Brown & Slimkid3. But, it made only one single, Trust and the change of the label, from Delicious Vinyl to Edeltone Records (Edel America/Edel AG Records).

Unfortunately, the album had very mixed reviews and ratings (both positive and negative) maybe due to the departure of Fatlip or their change of flow on rapping. But the songs got good beats such as "Guestlist", "Frontline", Trust" (and the Remix), "LA", and "Rush". The album features skits as well as beat interludes in between the songs such as "Sock Skit", "Network", "Somethin'" and "Guestlist".

Although the album wasn't that well known and is no longer in retail, on YouTube many positive reviews such as "The Pharcyde bringing Hip-Hop back" were made. Also, the group make conscious and serious lyrics in songs such as "World", and "Frontline" and comeback lyrics in "Trust". The album only has one guest appearance from Black Thought (of The Roots).

However and overall, I rate this album 4 (excellent) due to good beats, good skits, and good lyrics. After this album, it got Slimkid3 to leave, with Fat & Slim doing collabos together and Imani & Bootie Brown to do their next album together as The Pharcyde

oltnabrick

Once again, The Pharcyde returns with a third album

agreed, they keep releasing their third album again and again

Digging: M-O-R-S-E - Empty (Extended)

June 15th 2013

^Ha! I was going to say the same thing, but I read the rest of the review. English is obviously not his first language. Or maybe even second.

FourthReich

this review

YakNips
June 15th 2013

"good beats, good skits, and good lyrics."

Wow, you've sold me.

Digging: The Brave Little Abacus - Just Got Back from the Discomfort

"Wow, you've sold me."

How much did he get for you?

YakNips