Alio Die
Deconsecrated and Pure

by Jake USER (32 Reviews)
June 9th, 2013 | 8 replies | 1,126 views

The proper words to describe an album as incredible and majestic as Deconsecrated and Pure are exactly as the title suggests. Ambient music can be described as typical sleeping music to the average listener, but for those who are willing to embrace it, the experience will be deeply satisfied, especially with a release as mystical and natural as this wonderful near-masterpiece. From the moment the first song “Layers of Faith” plays, we’re given this overly organic and incredulous vibe of peace and tranquility. “Obliterated Alcove” further supports this claim with ethnic choir sounds mixed with large washes of reverb and echo with sound effects that give a feeling of being healed or brought into a very sacred ancient tribe’s sanctuary and almost every song after this delivers this same exact natural feeling. Listening to this album brings feelings and visions of the natural world as if one were being cut off from society and away from conflicts, problems and expectations. This is going to sound lame and totally bohemian, but to encourage these feelings, a suggestion would be to walk around in the woods and try to connect with nature, like this album tries to mimic sonically, that we take for granted everyday. This album reminds us all that there is an entirely different world out there that we don’t even care about much anymore and most of us only care about extracting natural resources from. With this said, the album encourages us to stop focusing all of our attention on consumer goods and start focusing more on our environment. Alio Die has made countless ambient epics in the past, but very few of them have left a very deep impact after listening. Don’t play this in the background; experience it and its organic beauty. This album truly is deconsecrated and pure.

Fallujah The Flesh PrevailsTroum Tjukurrpa (Part One: Harmonies)
Fennel Resuming the TrailRoots of the Sea Sky Without a Sun

Yea

true dat!

clercqie
June 9th 2013

"are exactly the ones the title suggest" flows a bit better, I think.

the experience be deeply satisfied,

will be satisfied?

especially with a release as mystical and natural this wonderful near-masterpiece.

with a release as mystical as this wonderful yadayada

try connect with nature

try to connect

One can never proofread enough! ;]

Digging: Shackleton - Deliverance Series No. 1

June 9th 2013

"are exactly the ones the title suggest" flows a bit better, I think.

I'm keeping this one, dude.

All the other ones WILL BE REVISED

clercqie

Sweet, have a pos!

bakkermaarten007
June 9th 2013

Short review but an amazing one that is! After all, there's only so much you can put into words about something so difficult to grasp like ambient music, pos.