Megadeth

good

by Nash USER (1 Reviews)
June 4th, 2013 | 8 replies

Release Date: 06/04/2013 | Tracklist

Review Summary: This is not a classic Megadeth album and neither does it have alot of headbanging moments, it is definitely an upgrade from Thirteen and while being not as thrashy, this album offers enjoyable songs.

Megadeth has been a band who always tried to take different roads, their whole career has been about experiments. Its probably one of the softest Megadeth albums ever, but does that make the music on it bad?

Kingmaker - A very good intro to the album. This song makes it seem like the album will have fast paced songs, I love the guitar progressions throughout the song. It does sound like its influenced by "Children of the grave". You will also notice that this song has that radio feel to it. It reminds me of cryptic writings.

Super Collider - This was the first single from this album and when people first heard this song, their reaction was bad (atleast half of the people). Dave mustaine's vocals on this song are abit shaky, which I think changes our opinion on the entire song because this song has nothing to offer on the instruments. This song is where you start to see that this album isn't very heavy and the lyrics are NOT THAT GREAT. When you finish listening to kingmaker, this song doesn't quite make up for it. It has a good tune, but it just doesn't sound that great.

Burn - Possibly one of the worst Megadeth songs ever written. The song starts off decently and and then goes downhill.. you wouldn't believe how bad the lyrics are to this song :
Burn, baby burn... 'cause it feels so good
Burn, baby burn... like I knew it would
Fire, I've got the fire
Fire, burning desire... my desire to burn

Thats the same guy who wrote The conjuring, Peace sells, Holy wars
This song is bad, the worst on the album.

Built for war - This is a faster song, improved lyrics but nothing extra-ordinary. This song just lacks something ..it has the potential to be much better than it is. I don't hate the song, its alright.

Off the edge - Okay, here's where the album picks up abit. This song is pretty simple, and it reminds me of the songs from The system has failed. The reason why this song isn't great is due to the bad lyrics .. again. But a good song.

Dance in the rain - Best song on the album. Calm and Smooth, good lyrics, good vocals. I think this song is very well written and is highly enjoyable, the chorus are catchy and addicting. Last quarter of the song produces a similar riff like in Killing is my business with David Drainman (Disturbed) on vocals doing a great job (I don't even like disturbed), it was great that he did not make it sound like Disturbed. This song is great.

Beginning of sorrow - Most people will probably disagree with me but I think that this song is really good.. it is a very slow song but I love how the music follows the song throughout.
I absolutely love the solo on this song, groovy and unique. Its like nothing Megadeth has ever done before! sounds pretty great.

The blackest crow - Honestly, it took me awhile to get the hang of this song. The distinctive style did bother me abit at first but the song gets better. This song is a little empty though, you would expect to hear more complications but its never gonna happen. A decent song.

Forget to remember - This song is about Alzheimer's disease. You'd expect this song to be sad but surprisingly it has a faster, happier pace. This song does make me feel good but I have mixed feelings on the lyrics. If you ignore the quality of the lyrics, this is a really good song.

Don't turn your back - After you listen to the unnecessary intro, heavy riffs open the song accompanied by suited vocals and really good chorus. Its like this song was taken from endgame and was made softer for this album. This is a good song.

Cold Sweat - Thin lizzy's cover. You all know how this song goes and all I can say is that Megadeth did a pretty good job covering this song.

PROS : Guitar solos, riffs.
CONS : Lyrics, dull vocals (in some songs)

Recommended songs :