I personally am a big fan of this group, but I'll try to be the write with the most objective of views.
1. Untitled - It gives you an ethereal/concrete feeling, its repetitive lyrics engage you in a state of mind that makes you feel like playing this album infinite times. Its a very good intro song, even though you can listen to it separately.
2. Obstacle 1 - Its a blast of music, very different from the above track. The lyrics are very well done, the guitars work in harmony, the bass and drums are powerfull and harmonic.
3. NYC - The constant moan of "new york cares" by Paul (Vox/guitar) is just beautifull, guitars work in unison at the side of the drums. The bass lines are perfect for the song.
4. PDA - this song actually has 3 versions, 2 of them released in early EP's. The powerfull drum intro in this song is what gives it its feeling. This one in a grower. Some may not like it at first.
5. Say hello to the angels - Every time I listen to this track the guitar/bass lines make me feel like its a The Doors song. Lyrics are very polished and eloquent.
6. Hands away - Very soothing guitar/vox intro, this gem wont get you singing, but it will make you question joy divisions influence in this band.
7. Obstacle 2 - Once you hear it enough times you will be enticed by the eloquence of its lyrics and the feel of the instruments.
8. Stella was a diver and she was always down - Harmony at its best. The up's and down's are incredible. Very well done lyrics. Drums are quite enchanting. The back voices are very original.
9. Roland - Sung with the most natural of feelings. Instruments are great togheter in this track, complement each other beautifully.
10. The New - Relaxing song, the bass is the most heard instument in this song. Beautifull intro and lyrics. Quite a long track, but worth every minute of it.
11. Leif Erikson - Personally this song has the best lyrics of all. Great.
In conclusion this album is very concrete and wont dissapoint you. The tracks work very well independently and are quite unique. 9.5/10