Deadmau5
>album title goes here<

2.0
poor

by jollyjoel USER (3 Reviews)
May 7th, 2013 | 16 replies

Review Summary: Do you guys like unfinished soundcloud WIP's? Hope so!

I think what ">Album Title Goes Here<" is really missing is creativity. This album is basically bunch of badly placed, previously unreleased tracks recorded from a time span of 2007-2012. It is very easy to assume that maybe Joel didn't even care and just decided to throw a bunch of unfinished soundcloud WIP's in our faces, which is honestly what they sound like. Every time I listen to most of these tracks I feel like they lack serious potential and that there is something missing and then there are song's like "Fn Pig" which have this awesome build-up and a failure to maintain this as the rest of the song is just a pattern of annoying snare and whiny vocal samples and nothing anywhere near to what the beginning was. Some songs just drone on FOREVER as well like The Veldt, also probably the worst song on the album for it's repetitiveness.

In this album, you will find Joel experimenting with other genres as well besides house like rock and hip-hop. "Failbait" sounds far from bad but also far from good while "Telemiscommunications" is just some unappealing vocals with a little paino and ambient noises in the background. The song's "Sleepless" and "Creep" I actually quite enjoy and are familiar to his "Get Scraped" work with such deep and compelling production, these two tracks make this album decent and I thin kare the only two tracks I truly like.

So there you have it. The mau5 should just really stop being lazy and go to the studio to record new material...it isn't that hard. I feel as though this album is really just a failed attempt to try and make something unfinished sound good as it rarely does.

2.6