Adrian Gurvitz
Il Assassino

by Jimmy USER (5 Reviews)
April 20th, 2013 | 2 replies | 492 views

Release Date: 1980 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Interesting...

Adrian Gurvitz's third studio album follows the style of its predecessors. A decent, contemporary music creation with a few flaws here and there, but undoubtedly attractive. Not well-known to the average pop collector, this work includes nine melodic tracks. There is a groovy jam (''Borrowed Beauty''), a pop/rock composition (''Seventeen''), a beautiful instrumental (''Hit Man''), two dance-pop tracks (''She's In Command'' and ''Heat''), another short electronic instrumental (''Movie Picture Theme'') based on the sound of the piece with the same title (''Movie Picture''), a funky tune (''New World'') and a rockish melody (''Crying To the Night''). Not outstanding, by means of production, this is a smooth, beautiful LP that is surely worth the try if you are interested in listening something different. Also, one more thing that makes this album even better, is Gurvitz's awesome guitar.

Recommendations:

- Borrowed Beauty
- Seventeen
- Hit Man
- Crying To the Night

johnnydeking29
April 20th 2013

Nothing wrong with what you've written, but I think you should take the time to read some other reviews on the site; they are generally far more substantial (I've seen soundoffs twice as long as this no joke)

Digging: Naked City - Radio

JimmyJJJ
April 20th 2013

I know, pal. I would go on to write a more detailed review but, it wouldn't be important as this is an already barely noticed album, so it wouldn't make any difference. Thank you for the feedback.