Things Fall Apart
Things Fall Apart

by fromtheinside USER (127 Reviews)
February 9th, 2013 | 20 replies | 1,400 views

Review Summary: frustration on wax

It’s incredibly late and my eyes won’t close because my stomach is turning over a significant amount of alcohol. It’s nights like this my insecurities about the world demand the most attention. I find a healthy way to combat these moments is to have bouts emotionally with another. Everything, just short of a brawl, serves as an excellent stimulant adequately providing a nourishing second opinion in a life that will often become too narrow sighted. My relationship here, though, is tested by a band that I blindly took a chance on- I’m, sorry, did I not mention my iPod completes the relationship? I’d assume it’s understandable as music really is a second, hell, first language, to so many people this day and age that the development of a kind of love isn’t too difficult to comprehend. But here we have it Things Fall Apart and their self-titled release that leaves a jarring impression not two minutes into the affair. I could sit here and tell you how much fapping is possible to a four song extended play, but that would defeat the purpose, simply because you won’t truly care as chances are extremely likely you will not have the same experience as me. Dustin Morris seems to compliment my adage well here by declaring he’ll say what you want to hear over and over again and it’s a little statement like that that stifle’s me when I hear it.

It’s a war I’ll constantly lose – the belief that I won’t hear something I should when I look to my iPod for some sort of solace. This idea, or understanding, may be constantly changing its beat but never the message and that’s an astonishing aspect – exactly how much worth is given to anything. I’ve always wondered if others value me as much I do them, but there would be no way to measure that (duh) because the scope does not simply lie upon the two in question but all the influences related to the relationship. Morris screams he’s no longer who he wants to be and at first that made zero sense to me, but the more he senselessly yelled the words of something that may or may not be possible, it dawned on me that this is the saddest realization life must offer. Believing you’ve already ruined a thing of the future means you’re destined to fail; so it brings those insecurities back to light.

So it’s been quite a tug-o-war battle so far tonight between the pod and myself. Morris brings to mind, indirectly, an interesting concept when dealing with... well, life. Are you not who you are to care more about who you are than others? I’d like to think so because to have everyone on this planet needing to be more mindful of everyone else at any given time would be a problem. Aside from the fact that no one would be happy, the world would develop a serious case of co-dependency that would essentially deteriorate all living things. Including fleas cause fleas fucking suck. The simpler reason for all of the caring nonsense is because it’s necessary to define failure, something I believe Things Fall Apart are trying to do. Are we aspiring to what others want us to be or to become what we want. Ok, but what if you are living for others, because maybe it makes you feel warm, have you truly failed if the end result was not the intention?

If I could put frustration on wax it would definitely be Things Fall Apart. They make emotional Hardcore so comfortable that the confusion begins to seem enticing. There is some deft play on the Emo genre, especially song construction and the rawness that is served through the mic. Just explaining the way the band swerve between dissonant chords to extremely refreshing grooves cements why the band have so much to offer for the genre they’re creating/saving. Now, ok, yeah, Things Fall Apart are hardly original, but they have a sound that proves evolution. They’ve also got a way with unfolding their music in small doses during the course of a song before unleashing it in full that truly abates any possible problems.

Pyrrhon The Mother of VirtuesCult Leader Nothing for Us Here
Chevelle La GargolaVales Wilt And Rise
Nero Di Marte Nero Di MartePolygons Rifts

February 9th 2013

not a five. obviously, but please kindly fuck off.

album is free (mediafire link is right under the tracklisting for those cheapos of .50):

album is rules

Digging: Fallujah - The Flesh Prevails

Asdfp277
February 9th 2013

"It’s nights like this my insecurities about the world demand the most attention."

-It's in nights...?

"I find a healthy way to combat these moments is to have bouts emotionally with another."

-???

Since English is not my first language, I find it hard to read this review. I couldn''t.

oltnabrick

lol but its .50

i dont have that kind of money

Digging: Miyuki - Fellow Citizen

February 9th 2013

dude there's a mediafire link like RIGHT under that

oltnabrick
February 9th 2013

i dont even want to go back to that page, they are ridiculously overpricing their music.

the nerve.

FiveLeavesLeft
February 9th 2013

This title makes me think of the book of the same name

listen to this

WeepingBanana

good book

Captain North
February 9th 2013

Oh right you meant this. I'll check it out for sure

GnarlyShillelagh

if it's not a 5 why did you rate it a 5 on the review idgi

Digging: Your Old Droog - Your Old Droog

Brostep
February 9th 2013

To the person making grammatical suggestions: fromtheinside is in fact correct. Good review, have a pos

Captain North
February 9th 2013

Uh, no he isn't. I mean, the suggested fix for the first one wasn't correct either but still, those two quotes aren't grammatically correct. Doesn't change that it was mostly a good review.

bakkermaarten007
February 9th 2013

So this appears to be something to check out, bookmarked.

J0ckstrapsFTW
February 9th 2013

Ya band name made me instantly think of the book

February 9th 2013

Ok. but it's an amazing emo band instead

FiveLeavesLeft
February 9th 2013

Yeah, the book's pretty fucking great. I don't normally enjoy the "classic" novels that are given for highschools to read, but that one's an exception, along with To Kill a Mockingbird

SgtPepper

@necrotica
Yeah that was an okay book. We read it last year when we were talking about colonialism.

February 10th 2013

i love mockingbird the flow is perfect for my style of reading.

also, this

Hyperion1001
February 10th 2013

i have more yams than you

Digging: Huerco S - Colonial Patterns