Ital Tek
Hyper Real

by pizzamachine USER (211 Reviews)
February 6th, 2013 | 16 replies | 2,421 views

Release Date: 02/04/2013 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Any way you slice it, “Hyper Real” is another great iTAL tEK EP.

Alan Myson is an electronic music producer that specializes in the spacey, out of this world experiences that are difficult to replicate. Yet while his music may initiate the feeling of drifting, he pulls no punches either. His previous album’s title, Nebula Dance, describes his sound perfectly, so prepare for another intergalactic dance-off. While Hyper Real doesn't bring anything new to the table, it doesn't matter. If it’s your favourite dish you’ll enjoy it every time, so best believe Hyper Real is like a heaping plate of spaghetti (I love that shit).

iTAL tEK’s music seemingly gets catchier with every release. The first track on ‘Hyper Real’ sets the pace with a straight-up frenetic attack that launches the listener into hyperspace. It is mostly the synthesizers that keep the pace in songs like ‘Hyper Real’ and ‘The Flood’ with their raindrop-like sounds that are as light as angel food cake. These songs never fall into repetition due to Alan’s ability to create an alien soundscape that continuously morphs and oozes in the background. Then there are songs like ‘Re-Entry’ and ‘Froze Up’ which are more beat driven, with an emphasis on bass. It may sound like I’m describing another iTAL tEK release, but I’m not, Hyper Real is just so darn similar to previous material. However, the saying “too much of a good thing” can be safely ignored because Hyper Real is another enjoyable EP from a top-notch electronic producer.

iTAL tEK’s music just works, and there aren't many electronic producers that can match this stuff. In terms of alien atmospheres, not even psytrance can come close to this. In conclusion, if you’re looking for something catchy, spacey, electronic, and something entirely unique, always try an iTAL tEK release first. In fact, why not start with this one?

Jeremy Soule Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion SoundtrackRa Critical Mass

recommended by reviewer
Lone Galaxy Garden
Gatekeeper Exo

February 6th 2013

Reviewed this 'cause iTAL tEK deserves more love.

ThrashRulesYourChode
February 6th 2013

pizza as always with obscure electronica nobody heard of but is kinda cool.

pos

haha thanks bro

February 6th 2013

whoa you can't pos contrib reviews? since when?

GiaNXGX

MX

19674 Comments

that actually kind of makes sense i mean you can't pos staff reviews

Mookid
February 6th 2013

Is this another EP from that Jash guy on here?

nope

cagedescending
February 6th 2013

gotta listen to this, love me dem spacejamz and this guy hasn't let me down yet

February 7th 2013

yeah but I always kind of thought of contribs as kind of the stepping stone between user and staff, but still rough around the edges and in need of feedback/cc to get up to the staff level so it always made sense to me

Typhoner
February 7th 2013

I'll definitely check this out. I enjoyed his last two LPs (although Nebula Dance is not as good as Midnight Color).

Digging: Traumprinz - All The Things

scissorlocked
February 20th 2013

nice review pizza

somebody must review nebula dance too

Omaha
November 8th 2013

Self-titled track is killer, oh my heavens

Digging: The Contortionist - Language

ok please don't necrobump 8 month old threads it'll be a ban next time buddy

November 8th 2013

in other news, i've always wanted to listen to ital tek bc dope name but still never have

Typhoner
November 8th 2013

there are probably better places to start than this, but he's a bit of a musical shapeshifter so where to start depends on your tastes