Kashee Opeiah
Panic In Solitude

by jesterhead92 USER (3 Reviews)
January 23rd, 2013 | 81 replies

Release Date: 2006 | Tracklist

Review Summary: A little known metalcore gem full of groove, dissonance, and a dark, dense atmosphere.

Hardcore is a vast genre that encompasses several different sub-genres. There are so many bands out there to look into that sometimes good bands can be swept under the rug, albeit unintentionally. One such band, Kashee Opeiah, is a metalcore band from Chemnitz, Germany that has gotten little to no exposure since it's debut album Panic In Solitude, and it’s too bad since the album deserves to be heard.

Panic In Solitude is a concept album. Each track flows into the next, giving musical backing to the story inside the lyrics, which depict a man on a journey to find his true purpose in life. The album gives off a feeling of isolation and longing that adds some real depth and emotion to the music. Similar to being inside a tsunami, the music flows over you and drowns you in the unrelenting waves. The album is crushing to say the least, starting off with some feedback before blasting the listener in the face. Musically, it is reminiscent of early Norma Jean, Botch and Car Bomb, trading off between palm-muted riffs and dissonant lead lines while constantly shifting tempos and time signatures. The band’s main appeal however, lies in the heavy use of groove and jazz rhythms. Songs like "Oh, Endless Ocean! Oh, Poor Me!" and "Kept by a Numerical Control" feature some incredibly catchy riffs that will leave you banging your head for days. The harsh vocals rarely venture outside of a ripping, mid-range scream, with some short spoken word passages being the only change in style.

With a running time of 62:26, Panic In Solitude can be a bit of an investment, but the band does what it can to lessen the monotony by occasionally incorporating clean, jazzy instrumental passages and some airy riffing similar to the likes of Hopesfall. A good example is "Within the Thoughts of a Puppet" which starts with a very melodic dual guitar passage that breaks into a heavy, yet still melodic chorus. "After this Act of Deliverance" also offers a short rest, starting with a slow melody and building into a massive post-metal riff.

Altogether, Panic In Solitude is a great metalcore debut from a band that needs much more exposure. Recommended to fans of hardcore and metalcore.

January 23rd 2013

Second review. Wrote it pretty quickly and it's short, but I wanted to get a review for this album up because they're so far under the radar. Feedback would be appreciated~

I can get the album to anyone who wants to hear it, it's not available online anywhere that I know of.

Digging: Blood Incantation - Starspawn

wacknizzle
January 23rd 2013

Good review, pos'd. Never heard of this surprisingly but the recommended by review section already got me excited to hear this.

Digging: Surgeon (PHL) - Beast of Light

January 23rd 2013

Yea, those were the closest things I could come up with haha. It's an interesting album.

And thanks for the pos!

ThisIsARaid
January 23rd 2013

I really like the album cover. Very classy.
"With a running time of 62:26" Dang! That's a long metalcore album.
This sounds interesting to say the least. Good review aswell. It was informative and all that fun stuff so a pos to you.

Calc
January 23rd 2013

your summary makes no sense, as artistic as its supposed to sound.

this looks neat though, do you have any links to songs we should hear?

GnarlyShillelagh

Similar Bands: Norma Jean, Cult of Luna,

must be accurate

January 23rd 2013

You'll never know unless you listen, will you?

this looks neat though, do you have any links to songs we should hear?

The full album is available at the link in the first comment.

July 9th 2013

Probably gonna re-write this review, been listening to it recently. Band also has three songs on their bandcamp: http://kasheeopeiah.bandcamp.com/album/panic-in-solitude

July 20th 2013

These guys are supposedly making a new album but it's hard to say if it'll happen or not. Wish more people knew about them.

August 24th 2014

Album still rules, still has no fans though.

July 3rd 2015

*sigh* Least exposure for a metalcore album ever. Hopefully this gets some attention someday, I'll send it to whoever wants to give it a shot.

July 11th 2015

WHAT GOOD AM I

deathschool

20488 Comments

Sweet. I'll look into this

Digging: Duck Duck Goose - Noise, Noise and More Noise

October 18th 2015

First comment by someone other than me in over two years

Muppelope
October 18th 2015

I will check this, sounds awesome.

It is!

JAV
October 19th 2015

What is this m4a business??

Mort.
October 19th 2015

imma check this soon aswell, i checked one track when i was super high and it was guuuuuuuuud

Digging: Darkest Hour - Undoing Ruin

Yea sorry about the m4a I dunno what I'm doing

JAV
October 19th 2015

I need everything ripped in wav or flac thank you.
My ears have never endured such harshness below 900kbps.
Odd they only put up 3 songs on the bandcamp.

Listening to this now.