Ice Cube
AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted

by thecreative0ne USER (50 Reviews)
December 17th, 2012 | 19 replies | 1,201 views

Release Date: 1990 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Before Ice Cube was in movies, he was "AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted".

Critical Responses:
Rolling Stone 1992: 3.5/5
Rolling Stone 2004: 5/5
The Source: 5 Mics
Uncut: 4/5

If you have never heard this, the first 2 follow ups to this, or Straight Outta Compton, than you probably know Ice Cube as a family friendly actor, that plays in family friendly movies. If you are one of the aforementioned people, than you probably could never picture Ice Cube as an MC, that was a controversial figure, that stirred up a lot of controversy, and has a song called, "F**k Tha Police" with a group that has the "N" word in it's name. Well, HE WAS!

Picture N.W.A, a group with the power of Ice Cube, Dr Dre, Eazy-E, and MC Ren. Ice Cube, who had a successful solo career, and a successful acting career as well. Dr Dre, who has easily had the most successful solo career, with 2 classic albums, and an IMMENSELY successful headphone company. Eazy-E, who DID have a successful career, but tragically, died of aids (it's still unknown how he got aids). Then there's MC Ren, he released 1 album (correct me if I'm wrong), then suddenly disappeared. However, never mind the fact that Dr Dre was the most successful, Ice Cube was by FAAAAR the best MC, and released the best albums.

The production for this record, was handled primarily by the Bomb Squad. Yes, that's right, the same Bomb Squad that handled Public Enemy's production. You may be wondering how that came to be. Well, Ice Cube moved to New York (I guess he's no longer Straight Outta Compton) so that they could do the production. The only thing (not even a bad thing) is that the production here isn't as good as the 2 best Public Enemy albums ("It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back", "Fear of a Black Planet"). Now for the track by track review.

1. Better Off Dead: Just an intro, therefore I can't rate it. This track has been sampled in, "Who's F*****g Who?" by Compton's Most Wanted, "Last Wordz" by 2Pac, "F.A.Y" by Masta Ace, and other songs.

2. The N***a Ya Love to Hate: This song has Ice Cube rhyming about how people love to hate him. Classic song. This song samples, "A B***h Iz a B***h", and "Gangsta Gangsta" by N.W.A, and other songs. 5/5

3. AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted: This song has Ice Cube basically rhyming about how much of a criminal he is, and how he IS "America's Most Wanted". Classic song. This song samples, "*** the Police" and "Straight Outta Compton" by N.W.A, "My Philosophy" by Boogie Down Productions, and other songs. This song has been sampled in, "Coffee, Donuts, and Death" by Paris, and other songs. 5/5

4. What They Hittin Foe?: A short but classic song. This song has been sampled in, "F**k Em" by Lord Finesse, "Gimme the Loot" by Notorious B.I.G, and other songs. 5/5

5. You Can't Fade Me/JD's Gafflin: Classic song. This song has been sampled in, "Mutha Ain't Mine" by UGK. 5/5

6. Once Upon a Time In the Projects: This song has Ice Cube telling a story, about a day in South Central, L.A. Classic song. This song has been sampled in, "Jersey Yo!" by Redman, "Ol English" by the Game, and other songs. 5/5

7. Turn Off the Radio: This song has Ice Cube rhyming about his distaste with the radio. Classic song. This song has samples, "Straight Outta Compton" by N.W.A, and other songs. 5/5

8. Endangered Species (Tales From the Darkside): This song features Chuck D, and has Ice Cube and Chuck D, rhyming about the riots that went down, and the whole Rodney King situation. With this, Ice Cube predicts that his neighborhood will be a flash point for violence. Classic song. This song samples, "F**k Tha Police" by N.W.A, and other songs. This song has been sampled in, "Blows to the Temple" by Ice Cube, and other songs. 5/5

9. A Gangsta's Fairytale: This song has Ice Cube making a play of generally innocent children's cartoon character, and telling them in a hardcore Ice Cube way, and in a really clever way. Classic song. 5/5

10. I'm Only Out For One Thing: This song features Flavor Flav, and has Ice Cube and Flavor Flav rhyming about what they are out for in a woman. Classic song. This song has been sampled in, "Can't C Me" by 2Pac, and another song. 5/5

11. Get Off My D**k and Tell Yo B***h to Come Here: A shorter, but classic song. This song has been sampled in, "Mutha Ain't Mine" by UGK, "Groupie Therapy" by Pharcyde, "Can't C Me" by 2Pac, and other songs. 5/5

12. The Drive-By: Just an interlude, which has Ice Cube committing a drive-by. This track samples, "Intro" by De La Soul, and "Bust a Move" by Young MC.

13. Rollin Wit the Lench Mob: This song has Ice Cube rhyming about how he rolls with the Lench Mob. Classic song. This sonng samples, "Gangsta Gangsta" by N.W.A, and other songs. This song has been sampled in, "Growin Up In the Hood" by Compton's Most Wanted, and other songs. 5/5

14. Who's the Mack?: This song has Ice Cube rhyming about how he is a mack. Classic song. This song samples, "The Humpty Dance" by Digital Underground, and other songs. 5/5

15. It's a Man's World: This song features Yo-Yo (a female MC), and has Ice Cube and Yo-Yo rhyming about how hip hop is prominently a male's genre of music. Classic song. This song samples, "(Prelude) Still Talkin" by Eazy-E, "A B***h Iz a B***h" by N.W.A, and other songs. This song has been sampled in, "I Ain't the N***a" by the Coup. 5/5

16. The Bomb: Classic song. This song samples, "(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party!)" by Beastie Boys, "Welcome to the Terrordome" by Public Enemy, and other songs. 5/5

Overall I give this 5/5.