Metallica
...And Justice for All

by hankdee27 USER (19 Reviews)
November 3rd, 2012 | 43 replies | 1,539 views

Release Date: 1988 | Tracklist

Review Summary: My love for music started with my very fortunate discovery of a Metallica record.

It was called …And Justice for All, and upon hearing it, I found my solitude and a huge part of my life. I was with my friend Lewis, in his old trashy excuse for a room. I still remember it as such a ***ing smelly hole. Amongst the piles of *** that I found in his room, my hand found the album. I stared at it in some amount of confusion and disgust. The cover contained a woman bound against a cracked and beaten wall with ropes. She was blindfolded, holding a sword in her outstretched arm, and she held to bowls with her other arm over-flowing with money that fell from the air in swarms. Her legs were fractured with cracks, as if she were a halfway statue. (Later, I would look closer at the cover and find that one of her breasts was un-concealed, which would only excite a horny twelve-year old boy). Above the woman, was the jagged Metallica logo for which they were famous for.
As I looked at the record held in clenched fingers, I asked my friend about it. He responded that his step-father had given it to him as a present for a birthday. His step-father exposed him to Metallica, and in doing so it became his favorite band. He asked if I wanted to have a listen in the car on the way to YMCA. I said yes, and we he skipped all the way to the ballad One. I listened, not thinking much of it at first. I was used to addictive melodies in songs with crunchy guitars from my love of Three Days Grace. (Don’t laugh, I was only twelve). The guitar sounded weird and trippy to my ears. I had never heard anything like it. He let me borrow the album, and I downloaded it onto my iTunes library and synced it to my iPod, which at the time had the not-so-vast music tastes of a couple Three Days Grace albums, and a Smash Mouth song.
After some time I began listening to the album more and more. My love for it grew in time. I listened to all of it in its beautiful glory at last. It is not my favorite album, but my love for it is a special one. It opened doors to Metallica’s other records, and more music. In my opinion, it is a perfect album to give someone who has never listened to heavy metal music before. The opening crunchy guitar riff on Blackened gives a flawless head-banging metal feel. The title track became my favorite Metallica tune over time. It contained progressive metal qualities with its ten minute length, which trained me to stand longer song structures. …And Justice for All began my musical journey, so therefore it is my most-respected album, but not my favorite. Hell, I’m just glad I didn’t discover some piece of *** Blood On The Dance Floor record before I did this one.

THEESatisfaction awE naturalEKendrick Lamar good kid, m.A.A.d city
Marilyn Manson Antichrist SuperstarNirvana In Utero
A Perfect Circle Thirteenth StepKorn Korn
4.2

November 3rd 2012

Well, aren't we a bit intent on our own opinion.

Lol why did you rate this a 3.5 if you're rating is 4.5

What do you mean.

Yeahhhh, band sucks.

KingHarkinian
November 3rd 2012

Oah! Metallica is probably the best nu-metal band out there. I wish I was cool like James or Ganon. Review sucks btw. This album is 0.5/5.

"What do you mean."

ಠ_ಠ

What do you mean.

Review rating: 3.5

November 3rd 2012

I don't think I've ever rated this album, but if I have in the past, It's possible I rated it 3.5. What's the huge deal about the difference between the album rating and the review rating anyway?

November 3rd 2012

It's not a big deal, it's just a curiosity.

"Why would the album be 0.5. Do you have any reason why it would be? Or do you just feel powerful sitting behind a computer commenting online. Please don't act so immature."

Well that escalated quickly.

November 3rd 2012

Ok, you are either or you just have no idea how this site works.

When you comment on a review, including yours, the score you gave the album will show up above your comments.
So clearly, you DID rate it in the past.

November 3rd 2012

Sorry about that. It's just I have curiosity about why so many people would attack this review and band just because they can. I like it when people can put reasoning behind their opinionated attack against someone.

November 3rd 2012

"Ok, you are either or you just have no idea how this site works.

So clearly, you DID rate it in the past.

And are you serious? So if you make a review trying to explain how it's a masterpiece and then reveal that you actually rated it a 1.5, there wouldn't be a problem? Like, how could you say with a straight face that it's a masterpiece when you don't even like it(unless it's a joke review)."

I see your point. No, it is not a joke review. However, I am new to this site, and my opinion of the album could have changed over a period of time, right? I do this for a hobby, not to please every user who is online at the time. That would be impossible.

Insurrection
November 3rd 2012

hankdee, you know you can just change your rating for the album right now and avoid this whole argument right?

Digging: Interpol - El Pintor

November 3rd 2012

Ok I suggest you read more good reviews on this site before you start reviewing bands, because you're
new.

Your review wasn't necessarily written poorly, you just spent too little time talking about the actual
music.

ViperAces
November 3rd 2012

Why would you sound like you dont have an idea if you rated this before, if the album rating is right above every comment you make?

November 3rd 2012

Thank you for the suggestions. I like a person who can help me without being an absolute prick.

November 3rd 2012

np. Good luck on sputnik, this place can be a bit dangerous if you poke your head out out too much.

But yeah idk what's up with the rating inconsistency, nor do I care

November 3rd 2012

Yeah, I've always gotten criticized for even submitting a review. I was writing and I thought I could submit another review, since it had to do with my first album.

November 3rd 2012

haha idk what I did was lay low on this website for a while and check out how things worked before I started commenting and such.

Still get some flak but whatever

Rastapunk
November 3rd 2012

Nice story but... only a fifth of the summary actually talks about the album... Not so much a review...