Paramore
The Final Riot!

by ImTheOnlyThugInTheBuildin USER (142 Reviews)
October 16th, 2012 | 39 replies | 1,252 views

Release Date: 2008 | Tracklist

Review Summary: The most over the top live release from a rock group ever

Paramore may well be one of the most widely discussed pop-rock bands in recent history. Some consider them to be the finest thing since sliced bread, whilst others consider them to be the most depressing artist in living memory. They have released three studio albums to date, achieved massive success, and, in November 2008, they released their 15-track masterpiece, the live album The Final Riot. In my mind, this is their finest accomplishment to date, and leaves everything else the band has released steamrollered by the sheer power it holds.

To begin with, Hayley Williams is absolutely flawless on this album. There are no audible cracks to her voice at all, and she delivers each song with more energy and conviction than the thousands of imitators she has spawned over the years the band has been active, once again proving why Paramore are one of the fore runners in the current rock scene. Her vocals on this live album are some of the finest live vocals I have heard, and contain so much emotion and power behind them that it truly is nearly impossible to take in upon first listen.

Every song on this release is performed perfectly, with all of the bands biggest songs such as Crushcrushcrush and Misery Business being perfectly realized and could almost have been written exclusively for the live environment, with how well they integrate the music with the crowd. In particular, Crushcrushcrush combines Hayley's beautiful voice and extremely emotional lyrics with the crowd singing the song at the same time, which gives the most incredible sound that could have possibly been achieved. This is how a live album should sound, with both the artist and the audience collaborating throughout, working together to make the most amazing recording possible.

That's What You Get is one of the more obvious choices for this release, being one of the bands most popular songs, and contains equal amounts of crowd interaction as CrushCrushCrush, and the best vocal performance from Hayley throughout the release. She truly does sound utterly divine on this song, with the most melodic performance throughout the album, and handling both the softer sections and the rock parts to the song with the amount of energy that is expected from her. This is something truly monumental, an unprecedented amount of power behind a live album, something even Wolves In The Throne Room never accomplished with their fantastic live effort.

This is undoubtedly my favorite live album ever recorded, for the simple fact that it takes both the music recorded for their albums and the crowd, and integrates them both seamlessly, to create one utterly mind blowing release, that merits a listen from anyone interested in how a live environment should be handled by a rock group. The music itself is by no means flawless, with Paramore never having been quite the most proficient rock group, but the energy behind Hayley's voice more than makes up for this. 4/5

Blood on the Dance Floor It's Hard To Be A Diamond...Katalepsy Autopsychosis
Cryptopsy Whisper SupremacyHades Resisting Success
Metallica Death MagneticBlack Veil Brides We Stitch These Wounds
Stan R. Corbett (4)
Skip the concert - buy The Final Riot! Great performance, interesting behind-the-scenes footage, and...

Channing Freeman STAFF (3.5)
I'm going to count off, and then we shall rock....

FromDaHood

Having seen Paramore live, I don't believe you that Hayley sounds good

Digging: Waxahatchee - Cerulean Salt

October 16th 2012

It pisses me off that someone just blindly negs your reviews.

Anyways, this made me want to check this album out so good review man!

Although I would say maybe the summary is a bit of an exaggeration ;)
Anyhow, keep it up Mark!!

Digging: Somos - Temple of Plenty

October 16th 2012

Oh ok ha I'll check it out.

October 16th 2012

the neg was uncalled for yeah, although I agree calling anything the best in the summary was not a good idea

trolls suck

How are you not banned?

XingKing
October 16th 2012

Skeletor, have you ever heard At the Gates live album? That is likely the greatest live performance ever recorded.

reported.

XingKing
October 16th 2012

To each his own. I only like one song by Paramore, but I would definitely sex up Hayley.

zaruyache

Who wouldn't?

Digging: Paramnesia - Paramnesia

October 16th 2012

me shes an ugly ginger whore

October 16th 2012

...but you'd do her anyway

neck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

Jacquibim
October 16th 2012

Try and write a review without using the words "flawless" or "perfect", they do nothing to describe the music. Other than that, good review.

Digging: Howls of Ebb - Vigils of the 3rd Eye

October 16th 2012

I don't think this band is nearly as divisive as you claim in the opening paragraph.

Digging: Tam Tam - Polarize

October 16th 2012

it pretty much boils down to people who like Paramore's music and those who would like to bang Hayley and there's also those who correspond to both (this guy)

agreed.

20053 Comments

bad review

Digging: Lo-Fang - Blue Film

October 16th 2012

Summary: The most over the top live release from a rock group ever

lol, it's like he forgot what band he was writing about.