Scientist
Rids the World of the Curse of the Vampires

by KILL USER (57 Reviews)
July 20th, 2012 | 40 replies | 2,072 views

Release Date: 1981 | Tracklist

Review Summary: tokin gonks

My first introduction to Scientist was an odd one, i was a prosperous and chisel jawed young man and had a bright future ahead for me, or so my mother thought. I didnt find out about Scientist at nugz house party or an old fat dudes house, but on a video game titled Gran Theft Auto 3. Some of you may remember the radio station K-Jah from the game, if you dont then you missed out bitch. K-Jah featured 5 songs off this baby and as soon as my 11 year old ears heard the dubz i was a changed man. Right away i began saying yaman and stopped cleaning my dick, i was a smegma ridden young tokeman ready to take on the world. My first joint was given to me by my responsible father, i must have been around 12, as soon as my cracked lips touched the roach i knew i had found what i was looking for, that warmth, that flavour, that old dude saliva, i was hooked. my mum was pissed but i didnt care, i started growing my hair, letting my toe nails grow and drinking herbal tea, it was ***in crazy. But that all changed when i heard a scary band named Metallica at age 13, once again i felt a new man growing inside of me, a warrior, i was pissed, i started drinking rum and coke, i even joined a small gang around the corner called The Mischief Crew, i even ran away from home at one point and wrote my parents an angry letter at one point saying "Dear Mother, Dear Father, every thought i'd think you'd disapprove, CURATOR DICTATOR..." it went on and on until i realised i was ruining my life, i had a bad case of mustaine and i knew the only cure was dope. From that point on the cheeba consumed my whole body, i was back in a rut, i could hardly move, i was trapped in a greasy bubble, a single perfect sphere full of mary jane, knob cheese and this gem.

Describing the album is not an easy feat, there are many different elements to dissect but i'll try my god damn best. The music has a variety of different sounds, including a lot of twisted samples and more reverb than you can shake a ***ty stick at. The vocals dont play a hugely important part, they rarely make an appearance but when they do they and are mostly accompanied by varied effects and echo which compliments the music perfectly. The album incorporates a eerie halloween kinda vibe due to the song titles and horror inspired song intros and samples. Unlike most of his previous outings this album features plenty of brass and other instruments which all add to the rule. One complaint would be that the album is too short, or perhaps its short and sweet nature is a blessing in disguise? *** knows. Consistency is one of the albums best attributes, the album is so tight and jam packed full of great tunes its hard to pick out a specific song for praise, but Your Teeth in My Neck is often a song i go to when feeling in the mood baby. Perhaps the most promonant instruments other than the drums is the bass guitar, the groovey and at times, strange bass lines seem to be the backbone of the album, at certain points it even sounds out of tune, which oddly sounds ***ing awesome.

This is not only a great album to smoke to, but a great album in its own right. from the crisp production to the superb beats, it can be enjoyed by any dude. Its a god damn trip of originality and vibes that puts a smile on your ugly ass face. All you Steve Tokemans and chilled bros out there, this album is definitely for you, but even if you are an uptight pussy bitch like Cells, you will still find some enjoyment in Scientist Rids the World of the Curse of the Vampires.

Chicane Behind the SunLush Mad Love
Cryptic Slaughter ConvictedMeat Puppets In a Car
Porcupine Tree Up the DownstairHeathen Victims of Deception
4.2
Archibald C. Burke (3.5)
One of dub music's major players classic cuts....

recommended by reviewer
fuck knows

KjSwantko
July 20th 2012

Pos'd after the first sentence.

alachlahol

smegma

faith

Digging: Tukaaria - Raw to the Rapine

porch

fuck yeah

July 20th 2012

Holy blunt wraps, Batman -- a KILL dub review!

alachlahol
July 20th 2012

didnt play vice city i was introduced to this album the real way

July 20th 2012

But Vice City is the best GTA.

porch
July 20th 2012

still think III is the most important, every entry in the series after that just added a few new bells and whistles

July 20th 2012

Definitely won't argue that it's the most important. But I just think Vice City is more fun. And has a better soundtrack.

Relinquished
July 20th 2012

"i had a bad case of mustaine and i knew the only cure was dope"

fucking lol

thanks brothers

Digging: Invisible - El jardin de los presentes

kingsoby1
July 21st 2012

scientist is the jam. very impressed at how the review manages to omit the words "gay" and "faggot". great work.

KjSwantko
July 21st 2012

Just don't ask him to leave out "dick".

July 21st 2012

was only in there once man, i realise its time to grow up, i'm nearly 15 and its getting silly now i gota be a MAN

rofl

July 21st 2012

also just noticed there's some naked double d's on that tribal black chick there

yea i know it rules

July 21st 2012

I know you don't blaze bro but on fade the bass still resonates I mean look at the zombie he's happy

dude wtf i been smokin since i was 2, i'm blaze bailey bitch dont fuck wit me

July 21st 2012

shit u musta been screwing me then when I asked I that one time but whatev I knew u were fuking with me cuz I was like either this guy blazes weed or has locks of geddys hair from '82 that he's been sniffing off and on