Sigur Ros
Valtari

by Walt USER (3 Reviews)
June 18th, 2012 | 6 replies | 1,110 views

I’ll be honest, I’ve never even listened to med sud i eyrum vio spilum endalaust. Nor have I ever had much interest to. I’m sure I will eventually, when I feel like finally fleshing out Sigur Ros’s discography, but from what I’ve heard of it, it doesn’t sound like what I want out of Sigur Ros. And I know that’s bad--looking for something from an artist--but when I think of Sigur Ros, all I really think about is ( ). All I think about is just how lost I get in it. And listening to Valtari, all I really want to do is get lost in it. So I’ve tried, but as much as I can try to slow myself down and submerse myself in it, there’s just no payoff. Behind those cold wails and keys and guitars there is a band that so desperately wants to mean something again, that wants to communicate more than anyone else could without actually saying anything, but they just don’t have anything left to say. I firmly believe that Sigur Ros believe every word they’ve said about Valtari, and I believe that they wanted to achieve the same world-bending effect as they did with ( ), stylistic differences aside. I just can’t help but hear songs like “Fjogur Piano” and not hear a band that wants to feel their own music again. So maybe they are just like me, trying to get into Valtari at the level they want to.

Walt

nice soundoff

might rewrite it entirely tomorrow

cheers

Pentagon

1998 Comments

is this a sound off or a review? ummm
Edit: just saw previous comment. Dude you posted this under the review section. To make this a sound off just press
change rating and then copy and paste this under 'Explain your Rating'

Walt
June 18th 2012

oh thanks pentagon I don't know how to use www.sputnikmusic.com the people smell funny mostly bungy

Graveyard

im confused

newjunkaesthetic93
June 18th 2012

what's with the naked Shia Labuff music video?

minty901

1963 Comments

its a shame youve avoided med sud because it isnt like ( ). ( ) was the only sigur album i loved, so i didn't check out med sud for a while, but it turned out its really great, and actually my second favourite of their albums.