In It For Storms
One

by P.J. Quinones USER (35 Reviews)
May 26th, 2012 | 1 replies

Review Summary: Upstart rock group releases a contagious debut.

This group is, i'm sure you'll say, more obscure than my last review. This is due to the fact of them currently being an unsigned talent local to my area. In It For Storms is a group by no means strongly reminiscent of any particular band. With their debut release, One they draw influence from a large spectrum with their collective talent to form this eye-opening debut.

For as young a band as they are, IIFS boasts a professional sound that is unheralded. Michael Wargowsky (simply stated as Michael War) has a strong vocal talent in both singing and screaming, with the latter featured only in the song Living in All Red. He has the voice for pop, rock, post hardcore, worship, and punk, which are all in some way integrated in the album's diverse sound. His vocals stand out primarily in the touching track, "Hale", as well as in Monster, Touch Me, and Save Your Skin. The guitar performance by both is unpredictable and keeps the listener anticipating whatever sound they will show to them next. Rocking tracks such as Save Your Skin and Touch Me have heads rocking with thick, catchy riffs and the lively atmosphere in Living in All Red and the title track are a powerful reminder that In It For Storms is a force to be reckoned with. The bass and drums create a great rhythm for the tunes while not flashy, get the job done very nicely.

A strong upside for the record in general is it's evident theme. It doesn't lack an identity that many groups search for upon inception, yet for the most part each song finds its own unique place on the album. It's difficult to point out any specific problem with this album, but it isn't quite flawless. In general, I can't give them any particular negative, so i'll leave it to the critics. Check these guys out, and feedback is much appreciated to me and the band. They should be noted by some magazine as a top unsigned talent in the States at some point, so mark my words.

Pro's:
- Immense talent on all areas
- Unique sound
- Very catchy tunes
- Very good production for unsigned group

Con's: