For the Fallen Dreams
Back Burner

2.0
poor

by Tyler Christian Pifer USER (17 Reviews)
May 3rd, 2012 | 20 replies

Review Summary: Intense metalcore ruined by terrible clean vocals

For The Fallen Dreams are a metalcore band from Michigan. Their last album "Relentless" was a very well done metalcore album with heavy breakdowns and very few clean vocals. "Back Burner" is anything but a very well done metalcore album. The heavy breakdowns are still there and very good, however, the very few clean vocals have turned into what the **** are all these cleans doing here.

Dylan Ritcher is the vocalist for the band and he has very good gutterals. They get old rather quickly, however, and that also takes away from the album a little. On "Relentless", Ritcher incorporates some high screams, but they are very limited on Back Burner. His cleans as I mentioned before are terrible and take a lot away from the album. The song "Bottom Feeders" is completely clean vocals and might be the worst song that I have ever heard. Another thing Ritcher does that annoys me is how he runs his vocals together. "The Big Empty" is the best example of that. It gets very annoying very quickly. I thought that they should have had a guest vocalist on the album like Jeremy McKinnon on "Relentless".

The actual band is good, but the song writting by former drummer Andrew Tkaczyk is not there, and it shows big time. The breakdowns are no longer put in the right place and there is way to many in "Back Burner". The bass is inaudible as usual, so there is not much to say about that. The drumming, which was above average with Tkaczyk in the band, is lackluster at best. The talent is there, but there is a lot of room for improvement in the song writting.

For The Fallen Dreams put out two very impressive albums before "Back Burner", which is anything but impressive. It is unfortunate that their primary song writter is gone, but For The Fallen Dreams needs to suck it up and deal with it.

Close To Home MomentumFor the Fallen Dreams Wasted Youth
Man Overboard Heart AttackNew Found Glory Mania
Conditions Full of WarSkyway Finders Keepers
2.7
TechieCore (2)
Turmoil can take a toll on any band....

Steven Spedding (2.5)
Stuck in a rut......

ILJ
May 3rd 2012

Not very descriptive, lots of grammatical errors present, short, and as always you focus primarily on vocals and say little about other aspects.

Album is.....eh

KSK1
May 3rd 2012

I agree this falls a little short and the cleans are overused, but they aren't terrible (live is
another story). The band tried to go from technical to catchy with this album due to lineup changes
and it wasn't well received. Also Bottom Feeders is awesome in my opinion but hey that's me. Review
needs work though. Each line kinda just states something and there's no real detail added kind of like
reading a list. I'm not being mean, just constrictive criticism.

May 3rd 2012

I wrote this revie rather quickly, if you want to see a better review look at my For All Those Sleeping and Confide reviews

May 3rd 2012

Also Hocking took over the song writting after Tkaczyk left. Thaczyk was the principal songwritter for the first two albums

oops. I changed it.

I remember Fist Fight being alright

ThroneOfAgony
May 3rd 2012

I wrote this revie rather quickly,

AtomicShane
May 3rd 2012

puttin in work on these reviews lol

The time has come

ZedO
May 4th 2012

two reviews in a day, you're on fire dude!

KSK1

lol

J0ckstrapsFTW

Its not their best but not a 2

someguest

20879 Comments

Let me ask you a question: Did you really think this was the right way to approach a review?

Digging: Dexter Gordon - Our Man in Paris

February 27th 2013

Holy shit I used to suck at reviews.

Lol

February 27th 2013

If you look at this one, and then my Heroes for Hire one I'd say there is vast improvement.

Spec

Such a bad album.

February 27th 2013

It's okay andcas and myself are in the Sputnik ambidextrous club.

Such a bad album.

Not as bad as Wasted Youth

February 27th 2013

you should be in the pos'd my new review club.

I am :D