Consent
Conception

by Ethereal Space Yogurt USER (205 Reviews)
April 17th, 2012 | 11 replies

Review Summary: Power electronics meets power violence.

Consent is a pretty cool band that I recently discovered off bandcamp. I felt implored to give them a spin because of their nifty black and white artwork that currently houses their recent EP Conception. I was assuming that whatever this was musically it would end up being pretty dark and brutal based on that, and I was right. It is dark and brutal. Going through five tracks in a ten minute span, Consent waste no time in ripping your face off.

Opening with static clinks and white noise one would think that they were in for a gruesome power electronics recording. You'd only be half right if that was your initial guess because they quickly shift gears into power-violence territory. Sludgy riffs, spastic tempos, and unintelligible barking dominate this recording as more white noise and distortion intersperses throughout the riffy goodness. The fusion of these two genres seamlessly transition into one another, acting as a team with the end-goal to punish your ears into submission, in as violent of a manner possible.

Consent have this recording openly available to the public so i'd recommend you guys get in on the action. Although short, it's a tasty pocket-rocket fueled with aggression that's sure to appease the seasoned heavy music fan.

Vampyric Blood Ordo DraculPagan Hammer Ode To My fathers
Destroyer 666 Of Wolves, Women & WarSo Hideous Last Poem/First Light
13th Moon The Pale Spectre over the WormTheophany Time's End: Majora's Mask Remixed

HeathenEarthling
April 16th 2012

"I felt implored to give them a spin because of their nifty black and white artwork that currently houses their recent EP Conception."

Sounds like you're talking about an actual record here, but as far as I can tell this is a digital-only release?

I'd say this is definitely closer to power violence than it is to power electronics, not half and half as the review implies. Still kinda neat to hear any power electronics influence creeping into other kinds of music.

April 16th 2012

Only a digital release that I know of and yeah I agree with that. I originally had a line about the P.E influence being moderate nothing more, but here you're right it sounds like I made it 50/50 rather than the 30/70, 35/65 it really is.

SgtPepper
April 17th 2012

"Sludgy Riffs"? - I'll give them a listen.
Good review too, a little short but you were straight to the point. POS'd!

fulgrim
April 17th 2012

sounds like this will be good, gonna check it out.

Aids
April 17th 2012

this sounds cool, and I always dig a Balls review, nice work.

Digging: Mitski - bury me at makeout creek

April 17th 2012

Thanks dudes. Forgot to mention that this is the Bongripper's guitarist's other group/or sole side project, not really sure.

Wizard

19644 Comments

GETTING THIS CUZ I LOVE EVERYTHING POWER. Plus, noise rules.

Digging: Ash Borer - Cold of Ages

Cells
April 17th 2012

this looks fun also pos, always loved ur reviews Balls.

is this a mitb ripoff?

Who?

HeathenEarthling
April 18th 2012

MITB = Man Is The Bastard, one of the first power violence bands.