Bullet for My Valentine
Fever

by ForgetTheFallen USER (8 Reviews)
April 5th, 2012 | 23 replies

Review Summary: Fever is a solid album from top to bottom and turns out to be Bullet's best album to date.

There are many mixed feelings about Bullet For My Valentine. If you disliked them prior to this album, Fever is not going to break new ground for you. However, you enjoy their past work, Fever will be a welcome addition to your collection.

The album consists of what you could expect from Bullet. Most songs are riff-driven and fast paced. The album pushes forward full force with catchy, head banging riffs. There is a lot of double bass drum work that compliments the guitars and vocals. When the band does slow down for 'Bittersweet Memories' and 'A Place Where You Belong', they do a great job.

As a whole, Fever feels much more cohesive and together than their previous efforts. A lot more focus has been placed on the arrangement of songs and building choruses, verses, solos and melodies which flow into each other rather than trying to fit things in for the sake off adding them or adding length.

Much of the screaming has been swapped out catchy, hard-rock styled vocals. While this isn't a bad thing, it is important to note that screaming is not as plentiful in Fever as it is in its predecessors. Where screaming is inserted, it feels well placed and powerful.

Altogether, Fever is another solid release from Bullet For My Valentine and will please fans of the band as well as attract new listeners. If you are a fan of the band, I definetly suggest giving this a listen. If you aren't fond of Bullet, I still think you should give this a spin however I don't think it is going to change your opinion.

Recommended Songs:

Your Betrayal
The Last Fight
Pain and Pleasure
Alone
Bittersweet Memories

Bullet for My Valentine Temper TemperAsking Alexandria Stand Up and Scream
DragonForce The Power WithinChildren of Bodom Are You Dead Yet?
Bring Me the Horizon Suicide SeasonBlack Veil Brides Set the World on Fire
2.6

April 4th 2012

Why should I forget the fallen?

Digging: Viper the Rapper - You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack

KSK1
April 4th 2012

Lol, this is the guy that wrote the BMTH review right?

April 4th 2012

This is gonna sound really stupid but in a way I don't feel like this deserves a 4.5 probably a 4 (in my opinion). But at the same time its one of my favourite albums and i can't think of many that I enjoy more than this.

Shuyin
April 4th 2012

forgotten how kvlt this is

Digging: Django Reinhardt - Djangology

Ending

1915 Comments

I thought this album stopped getting reviews a while ago. Nothing personal, just an observation.

April 4th 2012

It did. It's just fun to review bands which people hate. The rage I get from those who have a different opinion than I is amusing.

April 4th 2012

well I'm not, I like this album a lot because i like bullet alot. lol

Im just saying its funny to see people say "you're a retard you don't know anything because my opinion is better than yours"

April 4th 2012

The poison was epic. But not every song on The Poison was great. IMO, i think every song on this album is good and i listen to all of them. But hey, it's a matter of opinion.

macadoolahicky
April 4th 2012

"Fever is a solid album from top to bottom and turns out to be Bullet's best album to date."

I dare not / need not to read any further.

KSK1

the poison is so much better [2]

DarthMann

best album ever

ILJ

Lol.

TooLateToGoBack
April 4th 2012

this review is bad and you should feel bad.

macadoolahicky
April 4th 2012

"this review is bad and you should feel bad."

I love seeing people say this because it makes me happy

SCREAMorphine
April 5th 2012

Review wasn't as bad as it could have been.

I've actually listened to this awhile ago, pretty bad..

Funeralopolis
April 5th 2012

You are on the right track, you are starting to grasp the 'review formula' just keep writing and you'll get it soon. Also neg.

Digging: Black Milk - No Poison No Paradise

Deviant.
April 5th 2012

Lol at top to bottom. I think you mean from start to finish

Digging: LV and Joshua Idehen - Islands

PistolPete
April 5th 2012

lol now my review isn't the highest rating for this album, I can rest easy

pretty decent album considering it's them

Digging: Banks - Goddess

D41V30N
April 5th 2012

"However, if you have any musical taste, knowledge or *gasp* a brain, please stay the hell away from the ten track turd."
This is what he said in the BMTH review.
... If you have any musical taste, you wouldn't rate this B4MV record with a 4 -_-".

VisionsFromTheDarkSide
April 5th 2012

I don't think the review was THAT bad, but it wasn't great either, so I won't pos or neg. Album sucks though

Digging: Malevolent Creation - Retribution