Avenged Sevenfold
Welcome to the Family

1.5
very poor

by C I N A E D U S USER (21 Reviews)
March 28th, 2012 | 106 replies

Review Summary: Thom Yorke walked into a bar. M.Shadows shot him and took his voicebox and shoved it up his own asshole.

this is really bad. there is no point denying it. not even the most deluded a7x could find any redeeming quality within this absolute pile of ***. lets look at it this way - shadows has always been a weak link. some may argue that on waking the fallen he was a boss but he kinda sucked there and it doesn't matter coz those days have gone. but now, he shows exactly how far gone those days are. his voice resembles that of the elements of darkness and fire, which creates dark fire. this is bubbling inside his vocal chords, and is evident with his singing performance on nightmare and this especially. his voice is strained and it hurts my insides to listen to it, and it most likely hurts yours too. maybe if shadows wasn't so much like a GUCCI LITTLE PIGGY he may have been able to try and make this pile of dung better like a duung beetle. unfortunatley he is a piggy and not a dung beetle which makes this album suck hard.
yet it wasn't only shadow that made this really bad i mean the guitarists are kinda talented like in the way they can play their instruments but they CANT WRITE MUSIC its like as heavy as matchbox twenty. the solos sound like, lets be very honest here - a cat tied to a stick thats been driven into frozen winter ***. the tone's are an ear-sore, and this album overexposes that tone to the point of wanting to shoot yourself with a bow and arrow. as an ep, atleast it's short.

thats about the only good thing.

the bass is irrelevant, it'd be like finding a halo in a haystack to hear johnnys playing. he may be talented, he may be technical, but because of m. ***ing shadows we will never know. portnoy is a gud drummer, and it is made apparent on the EP, yet it's not like good drumming can save an abysmal excuse for an album. all in all, m shadows stupid bull*** lyrics like ITS 4 AM IN THE MORNING, the choruses that are meant to be catchy but are not even close to it, the really annoying solos that build and build a feeling of uncomfortablness in the insides, and the illusion that the band is made of 3 members (coz zacky doesnt get a fair go) all combine to create one of the most disturbing eps to ever be released.
what did a7x expect to accomplish with this? regather the fans they alienated after shadows thought it would be a good idea to take singing listens? (also known as sucking his own penis). this EP has no purpose, and the life in it is sucked out of it within the first few seconds because of all the whiny, weak, powerless bull*** that is a7xs songwriting.

rip a7x 1999-2000

Dinosaur Jr. BugMuse The 2nd Law
Wongraven FjelltronenLumsk Troll
John Williams Harry Potter and the Philosopher's StoneJeremy Soule The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Soundtrack
good

March 28th 2012

okay there will be a ok computer hidden easter egg in every review and its your job to find it sputnik

i think theres three here

ThroneOfAgony

.......

March 28th 2012

incorrect youre out of the game

gucci gucci little piggy

Digging: Katatonia - Brave Murder Day

congratulations that's 1/2

March 28th 2012

A cat tied to a stick that's been driven into frozen winter

March 28th 2012

you win what would you like your prize to b

Scoot

band is lolbad

March 28th 2012

I want my prize to be an auto-pos on my next review. I joke I joke

Janeeet

Excellent review, pos!

"Excellent review, pos!"

agreed

Scoot
March 28th 2012

halo in a haystack is a convurrrrg reference

March 28th 2012

yeah you can have a prize too if you want baby

thumbcrusher

better than kate bush

D41V30N

Best review. Pos.

March 28th 2012

Darth I think this may have damaged your approval rating a bit

D41V30N
March 28th 2012

If you can ignore the bad punctuation, you'll realize that the facts aren't really wrong here. Shadows is one of the most terrible vocalists I've ever heard (and let's not talk about how gay he looks in that bandana and those sunglasses).

"they can play their instruments but they CANT WRITE MUSIC" THIS. Oh, so trueeee!