Nocturnal Graves
Satan's Cross

by CaptainDooRight USER (93 Reviews)
March 23rd, 2012 | 20 replies | 2,059 views

Release Date: 2007 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Death to all those who deny.

Black Thrash Death can be a real treat if executed by satan's henchmen. Always staying true since their inception, Nocturnal Graves brings the riffs and black madness. They really focus on the style osdm but add a bit of spice on it with blackened elements, such as their lyrical content and atmospherical feel.

Nocturnal Graves is another band emerging out of the Australian death metal scene who don't give a fuk about scene kids[even though scene kids try to like this, they can't]. With their first and only LP "Satan's Cross", NG lay a constant strain of heavy hitting thrash riffs that never end. Every track is high energy and high tempo. The drum snare really makes the riffs stand out as up strokes are driven by the pop.

The vocals by Nuclear Exterminator are evil, crust, and hold a lot of anger behind them. "Whore of Sodom" brinds the thrash really hard as Exterminator brings life to groovy sections where he scream, "Take it, you whore virgin, submit to your fate". On many tracks the vocalist with through in a gutteral that crescendos to a scream just for the sole purose of adding disgust and anger to the atmosphere, as well as linking riff transistions to the next which somehow adds to the brutality.

"Nocturnal Maniac" contains a skit of actual live snippets from hell. You can actually hear a person screaming in anguish as lucifer butt fuks them. Riffs of technicallity jump right in as your forced to join in the persons sodomic acceptance.

If you looking to please satan or even befriend him is some way then Satan's Cross is the album for you. The length will offer just enough black thrash without overstaying it's welcome. For an '07 release, "Satan's Cross" is easily one of our modern day best albums along with Ketzer's "Satan's Boundaries Unchained" and Siemese's "Whore Lust".

Dropped Flyer Electronic CigaretteAbacus Abacus

Digging: Deniro Farrar - The Patriarch II

faux

wonderful review

bro this review is good

stop hating on music that's good

there's no indie pop here bro

ThroneOfAgony
March 23rd 2012

faux you don't even know how to penis metal

and review rules too pos

Ovrot

m/

do 14

March 23rd 2012

yeah bro it is, it's not meant to be taken seriously bro, I only listen to this music for the riffs

i mean if riffs came from giraffes bro I'd still jam hard you know what I'm saying, if the lyrics were a bunch of bull frogs shredding[which would be pretty cool] i'd still thrash hard, fuck lyrics anyways unless their from immolation or gorguts

zaruyache
March 23rd 2012

Four reviews in a day, though? >:-(

Digging: The Great Old Ones - Tekeli-Li

south_of_heaven 11
March 23rd 2012

got this awhile back. it was good but I just never got around to listening to it all in one sitting.

March 23rd 2012

yeah south it's decent bro I had it at a 3.5 but the riffs grew on me but I could see you getting back into this

it's just solid bro but if you're elite you prolly know of some better stuff

but fuck yeah man good to see you around after all these years

SgtPepper
March 23rd 2012

I have to admit, I often enjoy hearing someone preach the word of Satan. I'm actually listening to Venom's Black Metal as i write this.
POS.

Cdot2

^Winning.

March 24th 2012

thanks bro, yeah bro venom supposed to be roots, but I always thought Paysage was

these are good albums guys, don't pass them up

rapustin knows about this one

Ending
March 24th 2012

Penis metal? Well now I'm not quite sure what to do.

insomniac15
March 24th 2012

I admire your consistency on writing almost only metal reviews (if not only metal). What do you listen when your ears hurt from so much metal ? (I know mine would)
Still, don't knock others' reviews off the front page.

Digging: Amplifier - Echo Street

Hawks

This fucking rules.

March 26th 2012

"Penis metal? Well now I'm not quite sure what to do."

what anyone would do when they hear of penis, take it str8 in the ass

@insomniac, - shut up faggot

@hawks- sup bro, rules hard

rasputin with his big 3 rating on one of his country's best albums