Crypticus
They Called Me Mad!

by Ire USER (9 Reviews)
March 21st, 2012 | 59 replies

Release Date: 2008 | Tracklist

Review Summary: I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take this anymore!

Crypticus is an awesome band. They released an album in 2008 called They Called Me Mad! and its really a super cool album. They are a bit of grindcore with death metal and low vocals so you get the picture pretty early on what this album is going to be like. But that doesn't mean they aren't good because they are, I'm just saying that they have these elements that have been used a lot before, but do it really well. Ok on to describing the album, which is really ***ing sweet.

They Called Me Mad!, like I said in the paragraph before, is like a deathgrind type of album. It sounds like early Terrorizer or Carcass but still good even those bands rule too. They also do some pretty cool things with horror samples which is sort of like Mortician I guess you could say but they are way better than that band because they try to be super hardcore brutal and probably just play DND all day so *** them. But still the horror samples in this are awesome and go really good with the early years of grind inspired acts like Carcass and Terrorizer and maybe even Napalm Death a little bit, but not as much as the other two.

There are cool death metal sections too, which is why I called it deathgrind. The production is pretty ***in' good and there are atmospheric things in the back sometimes but I think the drums are a bit too low in the mix most of the time. The riffs are all cool and sometimes they tremolo the riffs which is more death metal and sometimes they palm mute which is still death metal but it makes it sound grind kind of too. The songs are all pretty short which is another thing that grind bands do that death metal bands kind of don’t but you see where im going with this again because they are a deathgrind band and do most of that together so they can be both parts equally most of the time. Crypticus is a good band and you should listen them because I rated this a 4 and that usually means that people should listen to it so thank you for your time and I hope you enjoyed what I have to say about this album thanks bye.

The Strokes Comedown MachineDaft Punk Discovery
Blink-182 Cheshire CatOpeth Morningrise
Alice in Chains DirtBad Religion No Control

The Barrens

i agree

Hyperion1001
March 21st 2012

oh man what a sweet review

Digging: Objekt - Flatland

Relinquished

holy shit you can write

a little bit

Ovrot
March 21st 2012

I like the band name and the album name

Relinquished

i'm legitimately surprised.

March 21st 2012

lots of hard work and dedication pays off

Pos for first paragraph.

Digging: Tove Lo - Queen of the Clouds

m/ hard

Digging: Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta III ? Saturnian Poetry

March 21st 2012

"But that doesn't mean they aren't good because they are I'm just saying that they have these elements"

*coma after "are"

" The production is pretty ***in' good and there are atmosphere things in the back sometimes"

*atmospheric

Excellent review. You described the album well and I enjoyed the serious humor. Gonna check this out. Pos hard. Keep 'em coming bro.

March 21st 2012

i will change that now thanks. yeah hopefully i can write some more

hey who the f neg'd this, SHOW YOURSELF COWARD

March 21st 2012

theres a few jerks on the site but its ok

March 21st 2012

I know it just pisses me off. here have an alt pos

March 21st 2012

anytime for an m/ brother

Funeralopolis
March 21st 2012

pos'd. Fuck the meshuggah thread this is where everyone should be.

Digging: Black Milk - No Poison No Paradise

they will come......

Funeralopolis
March 21st 2012

gonna be a party in here, gonna score tonight wore my lucky bridges so you know it is legit.