Incubus
If Not Now, When?

by cagedbutterfly USER (11 Reviews)
February 14th, 2012 | 21 replies | 2,018 views

Review Summary: An incubus album that's not an incubus album.

The funny thing about bands is that some of them mature, some of them drift apart, and some of them just change. For good or for better. Their latest album is definitely different from their others. it shows a more somber side of incubus that some may appreciate and some will hate. i for one appreciate it. its a beautiful artistic album as incubus describes it "a love letter to the world. so lets get this review started chall we?

If not now, when?
the first song to kick off the album. at a first listen to this you can easily tell this album will be different from the others. Brandons vocals are great and its an ok song. but not one of my favorite off the album. 3/5

Promises, Promises
The second single off the album. a catchy tune. the bass is awesome and makes the song. 4/5

Friends and lovers
A very slow song like most of the album. probably the slowest. but still a good song. by this point people
may think that this album isn't up to par but don't be fooled, this album has alot more to offer. 3/5

Theives
kicks off with a great guitar riff and promotes excitement. I like brandons sarcasm in the lyrics saying that he'll have nothing to fear as long as he's a "god fearing white american" good song. 3/5

Isadore

The original
My personal favorite. i don't know what is it about this that makes me like so much. maybe its the good lyrics. the nice melodic tune. the nice guitar playing. i like how near the end the the whole song changes. awesome song. 5/5

Defiance
A really filler song. it kind of sets us up for the next song which is the longest song on the album. a cool short song from incubus. 3/5

In the company of wolves
Another one of my favorites. i just love the strings in this song. truly amazing. the song is about 7 minutes and right in the middle it changes into a whole different and more darker tune. alot of people would compare it to some of pink floyds songs. 5/5

Switchblade
My favorite song on the album. a very upbeat tune. great work by all the band mates. the bass, is great the guitar is sick. and the drums awesome. And not to mention the good lyrics and vocals by brandon. 5/5

Adolescents

Tomorrows food
So its come to this, the last song on the album. not really sure the point that the band is trying to put out
or what the song is about. but its still a good song nonetheless and very artistic. as well. 3/5

Sot there we have it folks. that's my review like it or not. its my first one so feel free to tell me what i need to work on.

Rodriguez Cold FactTokio Hotel Humanoid
Paul McCartney NewElliott Smith XO
Radiohead In RainbowsElliott Smith Figure 8
2.6

Apollo
February 14th 2012

Terrible terrible review. Neg. Don't do track by tracks. And lets say for some reason you decide to do a track by track review....

"The first single off the album. its a fan favorite but its pretty mediocre to me. doesn't really touch me as much as the other songs. 3/5"

This is a perfect example of not being objective. You should never say something like "this doesn't really touch me as much as the other songs"

You need to do some serious research before writing any more reviews.

macadoolahicky
February 14th 2012

Despite the fact that this is your first review, Apollo is right.

BassDemon333

fuck this album

Digging: Mudvayne - L.D. 50

ThePac
February 14th 2012

'A fan favorite. A breath of fresh air for fans who are more accustomed to the older form of incubus. the album really picks up after this song. 4/5'

and what of the song?

insomniac15

"The original
My personal favorite.

Switchblade
My favorite song on the album."

Choose which is the favorite.

Digging: Anberlin - Lowborn

TheAMR66
February 14th 2012

Its good that you did track by track, but......... IT SUCKS

AtavanHalen

ha!

joplinpicasso
February 15th 2012

This review is as scattered as the album, and both could have use more refinement, punch, and character.

cagedbutterfly
February 15th 2012

wow i just now realized how bad this review is. sorry guys this was when i just started making
reviews. im alittle better now.

20782 Comments

You should rewrite it, it really is horrible

worst review I've ever seen

Digging: Broods - Evergreen

Pretty much

February 13th 2013

lol just realised this is a year old nice bump ins

Oh shit i thought it said februrary 2013 lmao

Either way i had to make a point how bad this review is

yeah terrible shit

damn keep forgetting to jam this album

sixdegrees
February 13th 2013

promises promises is such a terrible song

Digging: Ted Nugent - Shutup&jam!

20782 Comments

Promises Promises and Switchblade are terribad but the rest of the album is great for the most part.

y no rate six?

sixdegrees
February 13th 2013

haven't heard it other than a few songs and frankly, i'm not too inclined to hear the rest.

cagedbutterfly
March 23rd 2013

lol im surprised people are still commenting on this reveiw. I'm a lot better now tho. Maybe i'll rewrite this one

March 23rd 2013