Desecravity
Implicit Obedience

by CaptainDooRight USER (93 Reviews)
February 7th, 2012 | 24 replies | 4,213 views

Review Summary: Brutal Death Metal Wank Fest with occasional standout moments

Japanese Brutal Death band formed in 2007 release their debut LP entitled Implicit Obedience. The feel of the album is pure intensity as every riff from the guitar and drums are pushed to their ultimate maximum. All of the musicians can obviously play very well technicality. However, with most brutal death bands the "wank" factor is quite high. When you creative fast catchy riffs that don’t blend well together or creative a definitive purpose interest is usually lost.

This is not to say that there aren't any standout moments. The use of blazing fast tremolos and drum riffs can sometimes heighten your musical experience. If you are in the mood to hear death metal such as Entombed and Incantation played 10 times faster then maybe this for you. There are even times on each track that do slow down long enough to find something enjoyable, which can add a bit of balance to the overall record. It can be easy for an individual to hear this and say "this album is awesome", especially when hearing the solo at the end of track 6 Condemnation; however, these highlights aren’t enough to leave the listener satisfied.

The album is overall very short which is a good thing because how much brutality can one individual really take. Fortunately these artist' realize that and create a humble length.

Albums such as these are only good for show amongst the current unveiling of extreme metal acts in our day and age, but they will pass as quickly as they came as individuals realize that good music is in the emotional songwriting aspect rather "wanking".

Dropped Flyer Electronic CigaretteAbacus Abacus
Van der Graaf Generator Pawn HeartsFinch (NL) Beyond Expression
Orwell AVOHFASIHOdyssey (USA) An Abstract Existence

February 7th 2012

For brutal death metal this is a good album but for good death metal, meaning good sonwriting and innovation this is average. I almost gave this a 2.5 but felt there were enough decent things to enjoy here.

Brutal Death is dying a genre with justifiable cause.

Digging: Tukaaria - Raw to the Rapine

ValeriusTheImmortal
February 7th 2012

this is terrible...avoid...pos anyway bro

February 7th 2012

Heard a bit of this a few days ago, sounded okay but nothing more.

Digging: Anberlin - Lowborn

Inveigh
February 7th 2012

listened to this last week, I was less than impressed. not terrible really, just boring.

ValeriusTheImmortal
February 7th 2012

i dont mean to sound like rasputin, but this crap gave me a headache in about 30 seconds

scissorlocked

brutal cover

Digging: John Roberts - Ausio

fuck it i'm dropping my rating to 2.5. this is a sad excuse for metal

@Valerius thanks bro

"i cant find these guys on mp3million, now im pissed"

Just check youtube for a listen, if you want it then mediafire it, should still be up

@bloc - agreed

not terrible really, just boring[2]

"but this crap gave me a headache in about 30 seconds"

lol

"brutal cover"

nah it's gay

TheSpirit
February 7th 2012

Your reviews are getting better! The only thing I would suggest is changing up your intro sentence, it's pretty much always the same. I think it would be really beneficial for your reviews if you started opening them with stuff that's a bit more thought-provoking. Still good review and I'll avoid listening to this for sure.

Digging: vhmnt / blsphm - vhmnt / blsphm

February 7th 2012

I understand what you mean Spirit. I'm just so str8 foward I like to give it how it is. I figured there's so many reviews that pop up and I figured it would be more welcoming if I got to the point. But I get what you're saying, so I'll try to mix it up a bit and be more inventive. Thanks for your consideration brother.

February 7th 2012

Going to listen to this tonight and give the official brutal death opinion on it.

Eclecticist
February 7th 2012

This is good death metal with an emphasis on technicallity. However, this is definitely not Beyond Creation good, but it is still great workout music.

seedofnothing
February 7th 2012

"this is definitely not Beyond Creation good"

Lol

Album sucks, good accurate review.

February 7th 2012

The production isn't the best, but the actual music/riffs here are great. Album is no more technical than other BDM bands in most parts; doesn't classify as "wanky."

February 7th 2012

Yeah riffs are great as I brought out in my review.

When I say "wanky" I'm referring to the showy display and lack of depth.

Amongst BDM this is solid and if all music was BDM this would be a 4.5 but in the rating of Metal in general and what it's capable of, this is nothing more than average, hence the rating.

February 7th 2012

I think it's still a 3.5 within the realm of Brutal Death. Nothing extraordinary, but definitely well above average. Drum production is severely lacking, and the songwriting seems a little confused, but those are the only major flaws. Almost all brutal death is short and very technical, so like I said it doesn't really stand out as being garish.

couch
February 7th 2012

Don't really know the hate around with esp. w/brutal death on Sputnik... This album is definitely excellent. Yes, I can agree that brutal death can be quite stagnant- it's hard to come up with great stuff, ya know?! This album just definitely stands out for me because the sound is quite different than most brutal death...

The Collapse of Religion is my favorite track on this album as a reference.

Don't really understand how the album is "terrible" or anything- and I don't really see it as a wank-fest personally. It's an excellent debut... and we (fans of brutal death) never really see bands coming out of japan who are quite good! I mean, of course there are those slamming brutal death bands... but still.

February 7th 2012

I think its been acknowledged that this band is technically proficient. This album has it's standout moments and is good for a BDM album but BDM is capable of being so much more. I've seen it.

There was this one band that I found that I can't re-find for the life me that was just amazing. If I find them I'll definitely write a positive review for them as they deserve.

February 7th 2012

Remember anything about them? Album art? I've listened to pretty much everything in the genre so if anyone could help you out around here it's likely me.

February 7th 2012

I can vaguely remember the album art having some silver colors in it, maybe some blue and green too. It wasn't cheesy cover. It reminded me of the cover Entombed Left Hand Path

The music was superb. The transition of riffs is what really made it. You could tell every riff was fresh and different from anything in the genre.

That's pretty much I can remember. I was searching similar videos on youtube and came across it. I may even have it written down somewhere. Haha I frantically searching for it as we speak.