Hiromi
Voice

by CaptainDooRight USER (93 Reviews)
January 26th, 2012 | 29 replies

Review Summary: An underrated album and an overlooked artist on Sputnik who creates rivaled progressive jazz/classical music amongst its greats; ie. Rush, Yes, Genesis

Japanese composer, Hiromi Uehara creates an album filled with soul. Although not your typical genre of soul, Hiromi plays progressive jazz/classical piano, encompassing the deepest visions she sees in her mind. Her music comes from a special place. When you hear such tracks as “Temptation”, you can feel her smooth piano style gracing your ears, as if a tempest is seducing you with her sweet titties and fine ass. The flow and effortless ability she possesses is similar to no other.

Each song is a progressive journey through her mind, thus opening up your mind for a connection she wants with you. Hiromi is no solo artist, or a "one man band", she plays with a bassist and drummer who are very essential for the sound she is creating, one being love, grace, fire, passion, beauty, and moving emotions.

The track self titled track Voice, which also happens to be the opening track, makes the point immediately; the point being, Hiromi slays as hard as Rush.

The first 40 seconds have a mellow build then the melody theme starts, which makes you feel like something special is going to happen. The bass and drums come in around this point and all the of the sudden, your like, the guys rush hard. The drums are prime, the bass is prime. The bass feels like the tech skill from Gorguts, Geddy Lee, and who care’s else, that's good enough. There’s a *** load of odd times on this track as well. The skill of all musicians cruising their instruments with passion and skill is amazing. And they are not wanking, this is music ***ers. What happens on this same track at 7 minutes is sex.

Moving on because I don't want to talk about one track the whole time, the album is of great consistency. Track two, Flashback is groovy, Labyrnth kinda lags a tad but is still good. Desire is progresses into awesome riffs. Haze is the most mellow track off this album besides Temptation and is good to wined down to.

If you want more Rush, listen to track 8 Delusion and get f'ckd hard.

Overall this album flows well, can get monotonous at times, but deserves ears. Any lover of good music that flows well and sounds just like Rush without the vox should check this out.

Check out Temptation, Voices, and Delusion. Best tracks and f’ing jam.

Dropped Flyer Electronic CigaretteAbacus Abacus

Rush fans, hail

Digging: Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta III ? Saturnian Poetry

Beachcoma
January 26th 2012

Never heard of her but she sounds like she'd be relaxing to listen to. And as for the review, it's
okay but I wish it was a little longer.

January 26th 2012

She's relaxing but you can also jam to her music too. It's gotta good blend of both moods.

This is my longest review to date, their usually much shorter. I just had much more to say about this album.

Beachcoma
January 26th 2012

This is seriously your shortest review?

edit: lol wow nevermind

WashboardSuds
January 26th 2012

this chick rules, haven't heard this yet though

fulgrim
January 26th 2012

not sure she's on the same level as Rush, etc. But yeah she's pretty good.

Thane
January 26th 2012

this sounds cool, getting her first album now

she looks hot

Digging: A Guy Called Gerald - Black Secret Technology

January 26th 2012

"This is seriously your shortest review?"

No my longest

"this chick rules, haven't heard this yet though"

yeah she does, get on it

"not sure she's on the same level as Rush, etc. But yeah she's pretty good"

no she's not, nobody is and can be, but that's her closest relative

"this sounds cool, getting her first album now"

yeah all her albums have something offer, her first LP is regarded as her best, get it and this

WashboardSuds

my favorite is probably Spiral or Beyond Standard

"she looks hot"

Yeah I'd f'uck her.

"my favorite is probably Spiral or Beyond Standard"

good taste bro

do it

January 26th 2012

and yea i'll check it out

seedofnothing
January 26th 2012

This is your best review to date, keep up the good work and try to stay consistent with your descriptions and describing the overall album, I'll actually give you a Pos.

I've heard of this artist, definately very talented.

TheFonz123
January 27th 2012

love her style, big fan, good review

January 27th 2012

thanks fonz!

March 28th 2012

jazz queen, she needs to bring out more of those melodic piano riffs like the ones found on track one

March 28th 2012

u kidding me sister, u know i love you

but listen to track one and tell me that isn't awesome

also i thought you liked yellows

March 28th 2012

ok well I still love you sister

Funeralopolis