Moevot
Abgzvoryathre

by Meatplow USER (111 Reviews)
October 13th, 2011 | 11 replies

Release Date: 1993 | Tracklist

Moëvöt is a french dark ambient/black metal project. Moëvöt is... French. Who truly understands France? Do even the french people... for France has a long cultural history compared to say, Australia. The writer of this here review happens to be from Australia. Now, how can Australian insight possibly have anything to offer towards a dark ambient/black metal project from France? Consider this, dear readers.

The Les Légions Noires, a notorious group of bedroom dwelling introverts who made up their own silly language led by guy named Vordb. On the other hand we have Australia day, a celebration of all things bogan down under for white people who use the excuse of nationalism and patriotism to drink beer, and harrass those of different creed and colour with racial slurs and claims of being unaustralian. Indeed, Moëvöt is incredibly un-australian. Un-australian to the point that Moëvöt, in all its cerebral weirdness, could be accused of being uncouth.. In a roundabout way, being uncouth is entirely Australian. So the argument I put forth, dear readers, is that Moëvöt and Australia go hand in hand, and this reviewer can conduct the best possible objective analysis and dissertation of Moëvöt's 1993 dark ambient/black metal masterpiece Abgzvoryathre.

Now, when we talk about the claustrophobic nature of lo-fi music we are referring to of course the fact that this is music produced on next to no budget, making often deliberate use of cheap and nasty equipment full of happy little accidents to reach an end that could never be achieved in a professional studio with any trained sound engineer pulling their hair out at the result. Moëvöt is more or less the pinnacle of this DIY ethic, along with the rest of the slew of Vordb's groups such as Brenoritvrezorkre and Dzlvarv, as well as Mütiilation, Belketre and co. many have claimed the LLN was the greatest troll on the black metal community ever performed.

They were all wrong. I'm Australian, and as my concise logic has demonstrated I know what i'm talking about.