Lower Than Atlantis
World Record

by TomF USER (1 Reviews)
September 3rd, 2011 | 5 replies | 2,894 views

Review Summary: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

atsfhrfhnxfstgxfsgsmgtszrtygntrsmzgrtmatsfhrfhnxfs tgxfsgsmgtszrtygntrsmzgrtmatsfhrfhnxfstgxfsgsmgtsz rtygntrsmzgrtmatsfhrfhnxfstgxfsgsmgtszrtygntrsmzgr tmatsfhrfhnxfstgxfsgsmgtszrtygntrsmzgrtmatsfhrfhnx fstgxfsgsmgtszrtygntrsmzgrtmatsfhrfhnxfstgxfsgsmgt szrtygntrsmzgrtmatsfhrfhnxfstgxfsgsmgtszrtygntrsmz grtmatsfhrfhnxfstgxfsgsmgtszrtygntrsmzgrtmatsfhrfh nxfstgxfsgsmgtszrtygntrsmzgrtmatsfhrfhnxfstgxfsgsm gtszrtygntrsmzgrtmatsfhrfhnxfstgxfsgsmgtszrtygntrs mzgrtmatsfhrfhnxfstgxfsgsmgtszrtygntrsmzgrtm

antonyblake (4.5)
Another great Hertfordshire band...

Rupert (4)
On the intial listen, World Record may come across as a boring punk tinged rock album the pales in c...

clarityentendu (3.5)
World Record is the sound of a young band on the verge of something brilliant. With a little more ti...

Far Q

Changing Tune

vanderlyle
September 3rd 2011

Album's alright, disagree about Far Q having filler. This has more filler than that.

mitch91
September 3rd 2011

Good review, tad short though.

These guys are one of those bands I know I should check out but probably won't, at least for a while. As for them being huge, the British music scene seems pretty weird to me- there is an appetite for 'alternative' and rock bands, but the only ones that become huge are often watered down from their past material (Biffy Clyro, Twin Atlantic are next) or have always seemed a bit watered down (You Me At Six etc). I don't really have any faith in the British public to sustain a band's career after the decline of bands like Reuben, Hundred Reasons, Nine Black Alps etc.

Digging: Frightened Rabbit - The Midnight Organ Fight

vanderlyle
September 3rd 2011

Need to sort out your capitalization and the song names etc but not a bad effort for a first.

Agreed mitch, their early work does (only slightly) overshadow this release. They're over-hyped and have came a long way in the space of a year - not highly recommended but worth checking up a couple of tunes.

TomF
September 3rd 2011

Cheers guys. I don't think biffy are gunna decline at the stage they are at (e.g Headlining Sonisphere) but yeah I agree it wouldn't suprise me if it happened to Twin Atlantic or You Me At Six. And I dunno if I would call Lower Than Atlantis over-hyped, they don't really seem that popular over here compared to the over upcoming bands.

fish.
September 3rd 2011

It feels like 75% of your review just says that they're an exciting band but you don't say that much to explain why; there isn't much detail

But it's written relatively well grammatically and it's your first so I'll pos

Some bits are a bit clumsy though. The first paragraph just doesn't flow that well. If it were written a bit like this-

"Formed in 2007, Lower Than Atlantis are one of the most exciting bands emerging from the UK music scene today, earning growing attention from music press and fans with their brand of punk/melodic hardcore. "
Something like that I think works better

"If Lower Than Atlantis carry on maturing as they are they could be the next band to step up into the ranks of Greenday and Rise Against. The Band have realeased 2 Ep's and a full length album Far Q on a variety of labels with their latest World Record being released on A Wolf At Your Door Records and Sumerian records."
This bit isn't really necessary^^

Also
"Even if you are not too interested in the genre this album is one you need to check out, it will pull you in and lodge itself in your brain for days.
And just add a bit more detail and explanations. "
Saying "you" a lot just sounds a bit amateurish. Try something like

"This is an album that will appeal to music fans beyond the boundaries of the genre, full of infectious hooks [or whatever is there], riffs" etc

Just some tips I think might make your style better